Choosing an SSD

Maheshvara

So, it's time for me to get a new SSD for this laptop (SSHD is driving me insan with how slow it is...). I planned on getting a Crucial MX100 256Gb, but currently they don't have it, so i checked another store and saw some pretty good deals, but i don't know much about those SSD's...

- Transcend 256Gb 340

- 240 Gb SanDisk Ultra II

- Transcend 256Gb 370

There's also Kingston V300, but i have a feeling i'll be flamed for even uttering it's name... :P

Now, out of these 3 (that're in my price range), i think Transcend 370 is the best, since i haven't read anything "bad" about it, and it has 16Gb more than Ultra II.

So, what do you guys recommend O.o

check other stores for that crucial.

meanwhile i say this -Transcend 256Gb 370

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

check other stores for that crucial.

meanwhile i say this -Transcend 256Gb 370

The one that doesn't have it is the cheapest, and is literally at the borderline of my budget (like how you have a fixated budget of 120$, and it costs 119.99$)...

The one that doesn't have it is the cheapest, and is literally at the borderline of my budget (like how you have a fixated budget of 120$, and it costs 119.99$)...

i've been eating ramen for two weeks because i wanted a CPU upgrade. you can eat ramen for a week to afford shipping.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

i've been eating ramen for two weeks because i wanted a CPU upgrade. you can eat ramen for a week to afford shipping.

Well, i've been saving money for a long time, and who knows when i'll be getting more money... And, those 120$ were just an example. I'm not from US... I'm from Serbia, and this SSD costs 14k RSD, which is around half of an average pay here...

Also, the difference between Crucial which is just at my budget and the next SSD is around 1500 RSD, which is around 13$, which for us isn't cheap...

Hmm. i'll look into Transcend 370 reviews, but so far it seems good :)

Well, i've been saving money for a long time, and who knows when i'll be getting more money... And, those 120$ were just an example. I'm not from US... I'm from Serbia, and this SSD costs 14k RSD, which is around half of an average pay here...

Also, the difference between Crucial which is just at my budget and the next SSD is around 1500 RSD, which is around 13$, which for us isn't cheap...

Hmm. i'll look into Transcend 370 reviews, but so far it seems good :)

meh, go with the Transcend 370 in that case. honestly, you won't see a big difference.