friends monitor is flickering

lukky211111

my friends monitor is the asus ve247h her gpu is an amd r7 200 shes using an hdmi cable any suggestions or ideas of what the problem could be?

askdjfasdf

my friends monitor is the asus ve247h her gpu is an amd r7 200 shes using an hdmi cable any suggestions or ideas of what the problem could be?

Common issue with the R series. I personally just wait 5-10 minutes or just restart. Is she running more than 1 monitor?

flickering how?

check the cable connection, also check if the cable has frays.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Common issue with the R series. I personally just wait 5-10 minutes or just restart. Is she running more than 1 monitor?

just a single monitor but this is the fi

flickering how?

check the cable connection, also check if the cable has frays.

she says it was flashing the black faster than her eyes could see she says.

rst time since she bought to monitor a few months ago.

askdjfasdf

just a single monitor but this is the fi

she says it was flashing the black faster than her eyes could see she says.

rst time since she bought to monitor a few months ago.

if it's that fast a flicker it is the card. not the cable.

it's almost never the display.

update the card drivers. then restart.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

That's not what I was thinking of. When it happened to me, my screen flickered red. Try reinstalling the drivers on another monitor. Definitely check the cable, though.

why is this happening now though?

askdjfasdf

That's not what I was thinking of. When it happened to me, my screen flickered red. Try reinstalling the drivers on another monitor. Definitely check the cable, though.

she only has one monitor.....and the cable doesnt seem to be the issue.

askdjfasdf

its flickering more now she says.

askdjfasdf

its flickering more now she says.

WTF...

i've told 2 people today to check the drivers and both have said it's worse. GG software developers...

WTF...

i've told 2 people today to check the drivers and both have said it's worse. GG software developers...

for amd?

askdjfasdf

for amd?

no, totally different problem. a mousepad was all crazy.

well... anyway you could try another monitor?

try different refresh rates on the monitor?

no, totally different problem. a mousepad was all crazy.

well... anyway you could try another monitor?

try different refresh rates on the monitor?

any other suggestions?

askdjfasdf

any other suggestions?

i mean... chord could be loose or frayed, but you don't think that's it so.... nothing i can think of right now.

i mean... chord could be loose or frayed, but you don't think that's it so.... nothing i can think of right now.

shes tried different cables.

askdjfasdf