Amazon announces unlimited cloud storage plans

ahhming

Amazon’s ‘Unlimited Everything Plan’. For $59.99/year, you get unlimited uploads.  From photo, videos, files, and documents.
AmazonCloud.jpg

They also have a ‘Unlimited Photos Plan’, which will cost is $11.99/year or  a dollar each month, it can store as many photos as you like in Amazon’s cloud, with zero limitations. With this tier, Amazon is also giving you 5GB for video or other files.

Both plans offer a three-month trial, so you get a full 90-days before you have to commit to anything.

Source:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/learnmore?ref_=cd_home_navlm

http://www.slashgear.com/amazon-announces-unlimited-cloud-storage-plans-yes-really-26375448/

How about unlimited gigabit internet for $60 a month?

Maybe when Google fiber rolls out to most of the country 

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

Read section 1.4 of Amazon's terms of use. this isnt such a great deal. i personally would use backblaze for $10 more a year

The Service may allow you to give third party websites, apps, and services (“Third Party Services”) access to Your Files, including the ability to make copies of Your Files, modify or delete Your Files, or create new files on your behalf.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201376540&ref_=cd_tou_fp&&ref_=cd_tou_rd

Read section 1.4 of Amazon's terms of use. this isnt such a great deal. i personally would use backblaze for $10 more a year

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201376540&ref_=cd_tou_fp&&ref_=cd_tou_rd

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that just say can use things like third party apps to manage your files? For example an app that makes you automatically upload photos taken would be "creating new files on your behalf".

so.... what if I have prime?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Sucks that my upload speed is at a snail pace. 

So in other words, they're doing what Google drive already does -- if your photos are smaller than 2048x2048, they don't count against you.

For $24/year, you can get 100GB of storage with Google Drive, and it's better integrated with your phone than Amazon ever will be.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I use OneDrive. I pay for Office 365 which gives me unlimited OneDrive storage, plus office, and some Skype calls.

It's $99.99 for a year for a home subscription which includes 5pcs and 5 mobiles devices for office and unlimited storage but multiple accounts can use this.

There is a personal subscription for $69.99 a year that is only one account and 1 PC and 1 mobile device.