FM2+ motherboards - Should I be concerned with heating issues?

Lately, I have been looking at a few FM2+ motherboards. Most 'value'(which is the aim of someone going for an A-series APU) motherboards lack a VRM heat sink. But what is interesting is that even when FM2+ motherboards do have heat sinks(like an ASRock FM2A88X Extreme 6+), there are heating issues(as reported by Anandtech) !  

My question is whether someone like me, who plays AAA titles, though only occasionally and might overclock only during these occasional gaming sessions and who mostly spends time word processing and web browsing, be concerned with this issue? Is it really that prevalent? Can I confidently go for an MSI A88X-E35 or an ASRock FM2A88X Extreme 6+ without worrying much about this issue? The Anandtech review is too technical for me to derive this particular information from it.   

PS:- BTW, Linus once OC'd a 7850k to 4.3GhZ with the aforementioned ASRock motherboard(in this video with a damn cool intro music!! B) ). So maybe the heating issues in it are overstated by Anandtech or what?

My build log(in progress): http://bit.ly/1CMaebR

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

The main problem is that the sensors are dodgy at best in some of those motherboards so its hard to tell.

Yeah the music is from monstercat.

He also uses adhesive wombat on his intros sometimes( Not the right song but)

No idea, Im on a fm2 board, Im not experiencing any issues, But im only ona a6 6400k, It is heavily overclocked though, 5Ghz.
My reasoning goes like this

A6 6400k - 65 watts
Athlon 760k - 125 watts

theoretically i should be able to reach atleast 7Ghz if i could change the voltage, But realisticly 5-6Ghz.

Vcore is still at 1.5volts,(It was there at stock too) If i could change the voltage id Happily change it to 1.6-1.7 volts.

I dont know much about the FM2+ boards, As long as it has something better than a 4+1 phase and VRM heatsinks it should be ok.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

AMD CPUs depend on how well the board is build

VRMs which are not heatsinked will heat up very fast when you push higher voltages

if they overheat they will throttle your CPU greatly to keep it cool

which is why I will suggest full ATX boards instead of mATX and iTX

the Asrock A88X Extreme 4 is a good board for the price

if you are running 860K/760k and A10 APUs

always pick the A88X boards for maximum OCability

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

@dragoon20005 How about the AsRock A88X+ BTC ?? I know it is for bitcoin mining... but will it do good? It seems to have a VRM heat sink.....

Yea that board will be stable

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Not a single trustworthy review of the AsRock FM2A88X+ BTC motherboard on the world wide web. Can't even find its release date. All I have are the specs from AsRock's own website and your words

Yea that board will be stable

for it! 

I don't understand how a Bitcoin mining board with FM2+ sockets is not interesting to anyone !!??

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

Not a single trustworthy review of the AsRock FM2A88X+ BTC motherboard on the world wide web. Can't even find its release date. All I have are the specs from AsRock's own website and your words

for it! 

I don't understand how a Bitcoin mining board with FM2+ sockets is not interesting to anyone !!??

if it for bitcoin mining

it suppose to run 24/7

if you worry of the poor quality

then step up to the Extreme 4

if it for bitcoin mining

it suppose to run 24/7

Good point.  :rolleyes:  Now that I have got at least some rationale to choose that motherboard, I will probably try it in my next build(which will be the second one for me) confidently. If anyone in this community has used that motherboard, please give a review on the temps and if the VRM heat sink is good enough. For now, thanks a lot @dragoon20005 :)

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki