Is this Cpu upgrade worth doing?

I was thinking the 3570K would be better for gaming than what I have now.

I read all around LTT how the FX is horrible for gaming and I thought maybe a upgrade to a 3570K would be better.

Plus it wont cost me much to upgrade anyway. We are talking $50 - $60 out of pocket.

I'd say a 3570K and overclock the life out of it is a good choice, man. You should easily be able to get well over 4GHz out of it with a hyper 212 evo or something.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I'd say a 3570K and overclock the life out of it is a good choice, man. You should easily be able to get well over 4GHz out of it with a hyper 212 evo or something.

That's the plan!

I have the Cooler Master X6 Elite and its doing a great job cooling my 8350 at 4.8Ghz.

I'm sure It can handle a 3570k overclock with no problem.

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

That's the plan!

I have the Cooler Master X6 Elite and its doing a great job cooling my 8350 at 4.8Ghz.

I'm sure It can handle a 3570k overclock with no problem.

Then yeah, go for it. I don't know why people here love haswell so much, but take it from me. Get the ivy bridge and worry about a new CPU when Cannonlake is out. See how skylake does. Cannonlake will be a drop in nm process of Skylake's architecture, so if Skylake works well, Cannonlake should work well. Broadwell is apparently a hotter Haswell, so screw that.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Then yeah, go for it. I don't know why people here love haswell so much, but take it from me. Get the ivy bridge and worry about a new CPU when Cannonlake is out. See how skylake does. Cannonlake will be a drop in nm process of Skylake's architecture, so if Skylake works well, Cannonlake should work well. Broadwell is apparently a hotter Haswell, so screw that.

Its probably because its the ''Current Generation'' of cpu's.

I have no issues with buying a 3570k.

As long as its better than the 8350 in gaming I'm happy.

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

I'm not sure what the performance difference is between the 3570k and the 4690k but It can't be that much different.

Good luck with your "gaming upgrade".

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Good luck with your "gaming upgrade".

''Thanks''

The only good thing the FX is good for is multitasking and Multithreaded applications/games.

So my local Micro Center has the Intel Core i5 3570K brand new in box for $169.99.

Is it worth going from a FX 8350 to a 3570K?

I can pick up the 3570K + Motherboard for about $250.

Of course before picking those parts I would sell of my current Cpu + Motherboard and I would most likely pay $50 - $60 out of pocket.

as a gamer it's entirely worth it IMHO the i5-3570K at stock is 35% faster than the FX-8350 when it comes to gaming:

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-FX-8350-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3570K/1489vs1316

The prices you get on those intel parts is very good too...i'd do it in a heart beat!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

as a gamer it's entirely worth it IMHO the i5-3570K at stock is 35% faster than the FX-8350 when it comes to gaming:

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-FX-8350-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3570K/1489vs1316

The prices you get on those intel parts is very good too...i'd do it in a heart beat!

That's all I need to know!

I'm currently working on Selling the FX and motherboard, so as soon as there sold I'm driving down to Micro Center to pick up the 3570k!