Newegg Power Supply Calculator... Don't use it.

Prastupok

I used the eXtreme Power Supply Calculator when doing my current build and it was pretty close to the actual pull of my system.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

It overshot by about 30% but looking at some other websites out there it seems like it was pretty close.

That is what I tend to use as well.

It seems reasonably accurate, the issue with it is that it can be very intimidating and confusing to people with out a bit of PC knowledge.

It doesn't really ask much more than the newegg calculator, it just doesn't ask it in as much of a user friendly way.

Add 25% to whatever PC Partpicker tells you your build comes out to and get that watt power supply. Found this to be more than accurate.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

You'd think Newegg would include a few more choices in their PSU calculator, things like additional PCIe devices, CPU Cooler, Fans, etc..

I've always used Outervision's PSU calc, is that a trusted one 'round these parts?

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

I got it to 5002 watts...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Anyone know how to take screen shots on a Chromebook? I got mine to be 578 which seems about right.