Replacing my H440. Suggestions please!

Razzaa

I love the look of my white H440 but it chokes my Rad way too much. My CPU temps drop by 15c when i have the top off the case. The front panel is also very restrictive. The temps are not too bad when gaming or doing other minor things. It becomes a massive problem when F@H or OC'ing.

I am looking for something similar but with great airflow. Doesn't have to be white but i like having the shroud over the PSU. Don't need optical bays in the front. Thanks.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I love the look of my white H440 but it chokes my Rad way too much. My CPU temps drop by 15c when i have the top off the case. The front panel is also very restrictive. The temps are not too bad when gaming or doing other minor things. It becomes a massive problem when F@H or OC'ing.

I am looking for something similar but with great airflow. Doesn't have to be white but i like having the shroud over the PSU. Don't need optical bays in the front. Thanks.

Maybe a Fractal R5?

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Enthoo Evolv ATX.

Maybe a Fractal R5?

Maybe. I like big windows though lol

N600? corsair 450d? 

Phantom series? Haf? (not quite the same aesthetic though)

Rosewood throne? 

Corsair 230T? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Maybe a Fractal R5?

That or @Razzaa maybe a Be Quiet Silent Base 800 (though you might have a similar issue and you lose the option of a window, at least it makes it more quiet?)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

i have the EPro and it is a higher flowing chassis, but if you are a dust freak,

then prepare for accumulation. adding aftermarket dust filters to the front

fans helps, but does restrict the better flow needed.

i have the EPro and it is a higher flowing chassis, but if you are a dust freak,

then prepare for accumulation. adding aftermarket dust filters to the front

fans helps, but does restrict the better flow needed.

How well does the included front 200 mm fan work? Was it adequate, or did you replace it with two smaller fans?

How well does the included front 200 mm fan work? Was it adequate, or did you replace it with two smaller fans?

it does, very quite aswell, i can only hear the 120 in the back. I can feel air being sucked in through the front so its not doing to bad. even the rear you just hear air moving. i don't have have temps over 65c with a cm hyper 212+. the pmw fan controller works great also. i am adding more fan because my room can get very hot in the coming summer  but, i don't think this is really necessary, i just happened to have a unused gift card :)

Edit: sometime monday i can tell you if changing the 200mm for 120 was that much better or where i end up putting all the fans if you want. 

I plan on building a white theme build next using a DopaMINE case with full custom cooling.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dopamine-cryptocurrency-mining-case-by-red-harbinger

This probably is not a viable option unless you plan on going full liquid cooling but it sure is a nice looking case.

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

Enthoo Pro, Bro.

Dust does accumulate, but it is an easy fix, and my dust problems all but went away very easily with stuff you have laying around the house.  The front panel, there are opening around the side of where the main fan goes. 

HWyO0n8.jpg

They are unfiltered, so just tape them up, and problem solved.  Doesn't look ugly, doesn't take but 5 minutes. 

You can also buy some type of foam, and push it into the opening. 

TuoKBYh.jpg

This is what I did.

I actually have a decent amount of this foam left over.  I can probably ship it to you in a simple envelope.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Enthoo Pro, Bro.

Dust does accumulate, but it is an easy fix, and my dust problems all but went away very easily with stuff you have laying around the house.  The front panel, there are opening around the side of where the main fan goes. 

HWyO0n8.jpg

They are unfiltered, so just tape them up, and problem solved.  Doesn't look ugly, doesn't take but 5 minutes. 

You can also buy some type of foam, and push it into the opening. 

TuoKBYh.jpg

This is what I did.

I actually have a decent amount of this foam left over.  I can probably ship it to you in a simple envelope.

Nice. I got some foam weather stripping laying around. That would solve it im sure.

Nice. I got some foam weather stripping laying around. That would solve it im sure.

Absolutely, even better than the foam I am using.  Simple, easy fix.  This case is phenomenal.  The included 200mm fan is good, it does a good job at full speed, and is silent.  I did eventually upgrade to dual 120mm fans because I was able to attached them using rubber grommets to the front.  I later added two more 120mm fans to the HDD cages.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Absolutely, even better than the foam I am using.  Simple, easy fix.  This case is phenomenal.  The included 200mm fan is good, it does a good job at full speed, and is silent.  I did eventually upgrade to dual 120mm fans because I was able to attached them using rubber grommets to the front.  I later added two more 120mm fans to the HDD cages.

Lots of room up top for airflow to feed my H240X i assume? The H440 chokes the hell out of my it. I cant believe my temps dropped 15c after taking the top off.

Lots of room up top for airflow to feed my H240X i assume? The H440 chokes the hell out of my it. I cant believe my temps dropped 15c after taking the top off.

Yea, and people still say the H440's airflow is fine.  Its not.

Tons of airflow for a 240X.  I have my Seidon 240M for CPU intaking through the top.  Very low temperatures, tons of room. 

this is what i am working on now:

phanteks enthoo pro

ac xt45 360 - roof

ac ut60 360 - floor

2x xspc razor GTX 780

corsair ax850 - front intake

you already know what im bouta say here fam

AIR 540 MASTER RACE

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)