Want To Replace Lappy With Ultrabook

Hey all, I have a dilema.

I have a v3-571g (4 gig RAM version, not 8 gig RAM), love the thing, has served me well. But one problem that has been bugging me recently.

SIZE, WEIGHT and HEAT.

Performance of this, awesome, this machine, awesome but the size has just got to me.
I'm about to build a pc in a Silverstone RVZ01 so i can take my pc to my friends house and will render this lappy useless as the position of this lappy is it is portable enough to take to my friends (what my PC will now replace) but not portable enough to sit on the couch.

So I wanted to replace this lappy with something of equal power but like an ultrabook but everything is do damn expensive.

I need help to find a lappy that fills these requirements.

Dual Core 2.0GHZ upwards
SSD
GTM 630M or above

Any help is thankful :)

God I can't get over the word "Lappy"...

Anyway, any laptop with SSD pre installed would be quite expensive. Would be better for you to just get an SSD your self and replace it on a cheaper laptop.

Ultrabooks by definition cannot have a discrete GPU per the requirements set forth by intel for power consumption and whatnot.

If you are going to get an RVZ01 build (BTW I suggest the ML07 instead which is cheaper but the exact same case as the RVZ01 with a better look) then I don't really see the point of getting a laptop with a 630M or above. Any laptop that's relatively thin and light will have a junk GPU. A 630M is absolute crap and barely makes any difference from the intel integrated graphics. The intel iGPU is more than powerful enough for anything not gaming so you shouldn't worry about that. You can't have the best of both worlds. You either go with a fat laptop with nice graphics or a thin laptop with low power consumption.

Don't worry, you'll still be able to play less demanding games like LoL on a laptop with an iGPU. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

God I can't get over the word "Lappy"...

Anyway, any laptop with SSD pre installed would be quite expensive. Would be better for you to just get an SSD your self and replace it on a cheaper laptop.

Hahah its just what im use to calling it haha :P

I was thinking that would be the case.

Budget? Also it will be very hard to find an ultrabook with a discrete gpu.

$500-$700

I know it sucks.

You either go with a fat laptop with nice graphics or a thin laptop with low power consumption.

Aorus (Gigabyte), MSI and Razer would like to have a word with you. Thin laptops can have nice graphics, even graphics better than most members' desktops. As for power, NVIDIA Optimus will allow the GPUs to consume next to nothing when at idle and light loads, while of course gaming will eat battery up.

Razer_Blade_2015_view_1_Wide.jpg

mMg58tq.jpg

kd7j4wL.png

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Aorus (Gigabyte), MSI and Razer would like to have a word with you. Thin laptops can have nice graphics, even graphics better than most members' desktops. As for power, NVIDIA Optimus will allow the GPUs to consume next to nothing when at idle and light loads, while of course gaming will eat battery up.

He was talking about Ultrabooks. There are very strict specifications for them and none of the ones you listed come close to those in terms of weight, size, battery life, power consumption etc....

The Asus UX32 series is probably one of the only ultrabooks with dedicated graphics (but IMO those lower ends NVIDIA GPUs are trash compared to even very very old desktop GPUs)

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

He was talking about Ultrabooks. There are very strict specifications for them and none of the ones you listed come close to those in terms of weight, size, battery life, power consumption etc....

The Asus UX32 series is probably one of the only ultrabooks with dedicated graphics (but IMO those lower ends NVIDIA GPUs are trash compared to even very very old desktop GPUs)

He was talking about ultrabooks, but you generalized and said rather simply "You either go with a fat laptop with nice graphics or a thin laptop with low power consumption." when such is downright untrue. I know none of them come close to ultrabooks, that's the point. A thin laptop doesn't have to be an ultrabook though. You're the one who opened the conversation to anything besides ultrabooks.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You mean... those laptops that are exceedingly prone to overheating, especially on the CPU? The only one that's actually for the most part fine is the Gigabyte P35x V3 and P37x V3 models.

Also, all of those models excepting the MSI variants are quite expensive. Aorus and Gigabyte are $200-300+ more expensive than MSI's thinner offerings, despite having worse speaker quality and lacking more internals than the MSIs... and Razer? HA. That thing gets up to $1200 more expensive if you take the 17" models. AND it still lacks internals.

Anyway, if it's heat he's worried about, he doesn't want one of those cards in it. Honestly, if he could find something with an ULV CPU and an 850M in it, he'd be right as rain. The problem is finding something within his budget, especially with good enough internal build quality.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday