Asus ZenFone 2 pre-orders start, prices revealed

Aniallation

http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_2_goes_on_preorder_pricier_than_expected-news-11251.php

Looks like the 5.5" 1080p version was released with a higher price then expected.

$299 for the 1.8GHz model with 2GB of RAM
$439 for the 2.3GHz model with 4GB of RAM

And this is why I didn't buy into the hype of it. $200 just sounded too good to be true, and it was.

The Asus Zenfone 2 was announced at CES in early January and while it's still not available, you can pre-order it on AliExpress. Both versions – with 2GB and 4GB RAM – are available though the pricing is different than what was originally expected.

The 2GB Zenfone 2 with a 1.8GHz quad-core Intel Atom processor is priced at $300, while the 4GB one with 2.3GHz processor costs $440. The first model was announced at $200, so that's a little disappointing. We have to wait other retailers to put up their pre-orders to find out if Asus changed its mind on the pricing.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Clove UK has a pre-order page, but no price in sight. Same with Orange South Africa. The official Asus Twitter account maintains the phone will cost $200, so we'd hold off on committing more money for it.

Aside from processor and RAM options, the Asus Zenfone 2 comes with a 5.5" 1080p screen, runs Android 5.0 Lollipop, has a 13MP/1080p main camera and 5MP selfie camera, plus it's an LTE-enabled dual-SIM. There might be a mid-range 5" version on the way too, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

"Rawr XD"

i knew it... well the hype is over. also, there isn't a 720p version?

I'm assuming the 720p version is the one that will cost $200 but other specs will also be reduced along with the screen.

"Rawr XD"

Eh, I honestly dont see anyone really buying asus branded phones except for those random select few... The main stream people are too ignorant to try anything good.

only aliexpress got a price. Other sites have pre-orders but no price. There's is still a chance!!!

I wonder how that atom processor stacks against snapdragon 800s,801...

edit: anyone got insight into this?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

damn i thought it would have been 200$ :(

pass

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Wow, I didn't expect the 4GB model will be $200. But dreaming at least the 2GB 1080p model will be.......go back to reality is always a disappointment.

Eh, I honestly dont see anyone really buying asus branded phones except for those random select few... The main stream people are too ignorant to try anything good.

It is not just that. I do not buy phones from non-mainstream brands, mainly due to updates. Lenovo for example, I have heard the worst when it comes to updating their phones to the latest android version. I do not know about Asus, though, but if they do promise timely updates, then these phones are probably a good buy.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

i myself did not expect the 200$ for the 4gb model..

i just hope the prices posted here would be the same when these arrive here in my country..

4gb ram is tempting, I'm just not sure how to use it all up in a smartphone.

hope you guys immediately make reviews!! :)

$299 for the 2GB version? damn, oh well I'll have to wait and see if the price drops or find something better.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Moto g 2nd generation sounds like a better deal

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Im pretty sure ASUS said that It will be below 300$ for the 2GB version to Linus, while adding that below 300 does not mean 299. so I still expect it to be 200-250. 

AND THE OFFICIAL TWITTER ACCOUNT SAYS SO...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Maybe my new phone. Maybe. I still have to see what else comes out in this price range.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

That's still a pretty good price. What about the Zenfone Zoom though? I'm still curious about that.

Also i wonder how the intel SOC stacks up, i'd go with this as my next phone

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Considering Asus still isn't incorporating Cherry Trail, I don't think it'll rock the house, but it should show well.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I know the 1.33GHz Atom processor in my HP Stream 7 typically stacks against the 805, but that's while running Windows 8.1 instead of Android. Graphics fall behind drastically.

70460.png

70459.png

70461.png

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Not quite what I expected I expected it to be the better deal when compared to the Oneplus One, but I guess I made the right choice purchasing the one.

I'm going to hold off on making any harsh comments until I know how much it costs in the UK, as it is only on aliexpress, and only for pre order, so it is likely not the final price, especially when asus have said it isn't on their twitter account.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

HAH.

I knew it. Not the OPO killer everyone expected it to be, huh?

@Sauron

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

This better be false. Ive been waiting to upgrade, and this one looked perfect for me, but I don't want to spend more than $200

I've got an HTC Desire Z currently, so I'll upgrade regardless. I just hope that it will be a bit cheaper.

HAH.

I knew it. Not the OPO killer everyone expected it to be, huh?

@Sauron

Well damn it. It was supposed to be 199$ :( still unconfirmed though, we need to wait for other sources to be sure. It may be a pricing error from that one retailer (wouldn't be the first time something like that happens). I hope it's 200$ as expected, if not I guess I'll wait until the price is lower. It still beats the opo in most things though.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*