My experience with the hd 449.

zappian

Alright guys im gonna post my experience with these headphones compared to the m50 I used to own.

I am not a professional reviewer nor i claim to be one so these are my impressions.

Lets break this down.

High end.

The hd 449 have a very sharp and clear high end , I would say it can be quite sibilant at times and shrieking in some tunes.

I noticed some sibilance in trance and EDM music , keep in mind this is not what I listen too most of the time.

These are NOT headphones for eletronic music .

Mid end.

I had some issues with the m50s in this range , the senheiser mid end is crisp and clear.

I always found the mid end on the m50s to be muffled and underwhelming.

The notes here just flow naturally .

The mid end is just clean and buttery and flows effortlessly.

These headphones are GREAT for acoustic/classical music and light rock.

Which is what i listen to for the most part.

Low end.

You will need an amp for these , without amp the low end is underwhelming.

Even with amp its not mind blowing.

I would describe it as "meh" , it serves its purpose but it wont blow anyone away.

The m50s have better bass but i found it overwhelming some times.

Conclusion:

Before you grab your pitchforks im not saying the m50 is a bad pair of cans , simply put the clear and crisp mid end

of these cans is great for the kind of music I listen to.

These are great headphones for the price and unlike the m50 arent overly analitical and cold , they wont reveal bad mixes THAT much

and are colored which I actually like.

You wont need excellent quality audio sources to enjoy music.

I have been using my HD 439 and my experience is similar as well.

Might try out the bass mod at some point in the future 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I think I have some webcam photos around my external , quality will be potato thought.

Ahh i see :P perhaps a better call then :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Moved to Member Reviews.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

High end.

The hd 449 have a very sharp and clear high end , I would say it can be quite sibilant at times and shrieking in some tunes.

I noticed some sibilance in trance and EDM music , keep in mind this is not what I listen too most of the time.

These are NOT headphones for eletronic music .

Interesting... this should not be the case. :unsure:  The treble on the 400 series (according to measurements off the interwebs, and my own experience) has a hugely rolled off treble. There should be no sibilance whatsoever.

Low end.

You will need an amp for these , without amp the low end is underwhelming.

Even with amp its not mind blowing.

I would describe it as "meh" , it serves its purpose but it wont blow anyone away.

The m50s have better bass but i found it overwhelming some times.

This should also not be the case. Because of that steep treble roll off, the 400 series is considered highly bassy. The simple bass mod makes them even more bassy than DT990's.

5555af6764.png

I'm not saying you're a big fat liar, but your experience is definitely out of the norm.

The bass is underwhelming from my experience yes.

A lot of people online agree with me in that regard.

Keep in mind the experience depends on what type of dac/soundcard you use ;#

Without the bass mod they are underwheliming , with do you think there is a bass mod in the first place xD

I will post some pictures tomorrow so you dont think im full of BS ;#

This should also not be the case. Because of that steep treble roll off, the 400 series is considered highly bassy. The simple bass mod makes them even more bassy than DT990's.

Actually, my experience with the 449 bass is similar. Obviously amplification has nothing to do with it; the problem is their pathetic clamping force, which is made worse by glasses and hair.

The description of the highs don't make no sense to me, though.

Interesting... this should not be the case. :unsure:  The treble on the 400 series (according to measurements off the interwebs, and my own experience) has a hugely rolled off treble. There should be no sibilance whatsoever.

I'm not saying you're a big fat liar, but your experience is definitely out of the norm.

Actually, my experience with the 449 bass is similar. Obviously amplification has nothing to do with it; the problem is their pathetic clamping force, which is made worse by glasses and hair.

These arguments and disagreements are baseless, the HD449's transport you to a sublime musical experience with unrivaled high-fidelity listening pleasure.

I would slap you two dissenters with the introduction to marketing textbook that I don't own, but Sennheiser doesn't seem to do much of that type of schmuckery anyway.

These arguments and disagreements are baseless, the HD449's transport you to a sublime musical experience with unrivaled high-fidelity listening pleasure.

I would slap you two dissenters with the introduction to marketing textbook that I don't own, but Sennheiser doesn't seem to do much of that type of schmuckery anyway.

No, they just make incredibly wack comercials of a guy in a headphone costume massaging an ear.

Dunno thats my experience .

What i find sibilant and piercing might be okay to you , its highly subjective.

Also I want to try these outs with a better sound source someday.

Dunno thats my experience .

What i find sibilant and piercing might be okay to you , its highly subjective.

Also I want to try these outs with a better sound source someday.

More just that people's ears are different.

I  play the piano so I'm probably less sensitive to high freqs.

More just that people's ears are different.

I  play the piano so I'm probably less sensitive to high freqs.

Yup , they still sound amazing dont get me wrong.

Its just an occasional inconvenience.

Those mids tho.(yummy)