Why is ASRock Never Used In High End Builds

I was wondering why all of the X99 motherboards have bad reviews except for the ASRock boards but for some reason everyone still uses the X99 deluxe. Why is this?

I was wondering why all of the X99 motherboards have bad reviews except for the ASRock boards but for some reason everyone still uses the X99 deluxe. Why is this?

More then anything looks and Asus is more trusted then Asrock for Intel Boards.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I think that ASRock should hire new marketing staff.

From my limited knowledge, they use to not be as good as Asus, Gigabyte, MSI. However, in the past couple years, they see, to be getting better with their motherboards.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

AsRock make great enthusiast boards at the entry level.  Once you start going higher end enthusiast boards, the competition gets stiffer.

I would not spend twice as much for the ASUS Deluxe (X99), over the AsRock Extreme 3... no freakin' way.

I'm guessing people don't want to have to risk dealing with tech support that doesn't speak English when they're sinking >$200 on a motherboard.

If memory serves, Asrock and MSI have the highest motherboard failure rates. Gigabyte has the lowest I think.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

I'm guessing people don't want to have to risk dealing with tech support that doesn't speak English when they're sinking >$200 on a motherboard.

If memory serves, Asrock and MSI have the highest motherboard failure rates. Gigabyte has the lowest I think.

I have helped friends build around 8 machines with AsRock mobos in the past 2-3 years.  Not a single board failed.  I have an Asrock Z77, it runs beautifully.

Probably branding. and maybe personal preference for aesthetics?

Probably branding. and maybe personal preference for aesthetics?

could be..and maybe just a few bucks more and you can have the relied board by most.

i dunno about the costs there really  :D

I have helped friends build around 8 machines with AsRock mobos in the past 2-3 years.  Not a single board failed.  I have an Asrock Z77, it runs beautifully.

Motherboard failure rates are between 1.5-3.5% so unless you get really unlucky you'd most likely have to build dozens before you encountered a faulty one. The problem is Asrock customer support, from what I've heard, is very much outsourced and it will be a pain in the ass to get your issues resolved IF you have them. (people who barely speak english, lots of copypasta answers, etc.)

I've not used them myself so I don't know how much truth there is to that.

edit: Actually I used an Asrock H97M Pro4 in my friend's build and it was fine, but never had to dial in customer service so not sure how it fares.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

. The problem is Asrock customer support, from what I've heard, is very much outsourced and it will be a pain in the ass to get your issues resolved IF you have them. (people who barely speak english, lots of copypasta answers, etc.)

yes, i have no problems recommending entry level boards from asrock because lower end boards are all equivalent quality pretty much and asrock tend to offer some more features for thevmoney, but once it gets to higher end stuff (150$+) i usualy pick something else...just in case!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Motherboard failure rates are between 1.5-3.5% so unless you get really unlucky you'd most likely have to build dozens before you encountered a faulty one. The problem is Asrock customer support, from what I've heard, is very much outsourced and it will be a pain in the ass to get your issues resolved IF you have them. (people who barely speak english, lots of copypasta answers, etc.)

I've not used them myself so I don't know how much truth there is to that.

edit: Actually I used an Asrock H97M Pro4 in my friend's build and it was fine, but never had to dial in customer service so not sure how it fares.

And that is why ordering from Amazon is awesome :) you can say it does not work and just... get a new one

And that is why ordering from Amazon is awesome :) you can say it does not work and just... get a new one

lmao, its so true.

Before X99 i had 5 straight ASRock boards and they were amazing. I went to Gigabyte because I heard how amazing the "SOC Force" was and i regret it. X99 SOC Force is garbage and the X99 OC Formula is my next board 

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Asus has been making boards since computing had just started. Asrock is a very late comer or they're a chip off Asus. When a person picks between them, they'll mostly go with the one who's been doing it the longest.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Before X99 i had 5 straight ASRock boards and they were amazing. I went to Gigabyte because I heard how amazing the "SOC Force" was and i regret it. X99 SOC Force is garbage and the X99 OC Formula is my next board 

What's wrong with it out of curiosity? Poor feature set?

Gigabyte has the lowest failure rates last I checked so I'm guessing it's not just a turd.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI and it's a solid board but the BIOS is pretty lame.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI and it's a solid board but the BIOS is pretty lame.

yeah it's sad that gigabyte hired a 9 years old to program their uefi's...can you control your case fans and cpu fans with your board from the bios or do you have to rely on softwares for this?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

What's wrong with it out of curiosity? Poor feature set?

Gigabyte has the lowest failure rates last I checked so I'm guessing it's not just a turd.

Board itself is amazing. Bios is just garbage 

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

I recently bought my first Asrock board, the z97 extreme3. I had a problem with stock bus speed, i couldn't figure it out, so i decided to contact their support. I got a response within 24 hours, the guy spoke perfect english and the problem was resolved right away. So as far as i'm concerned, the boards are good, the uefi bios looks nice, overclocking is easy and straight forward, and on the top of all that, they have good support team.

Snip

Confirmed for ASRock employee or spy paid to say good things about them. :P

Asus has been making boards since computing had just started. Asrock is a very late comer or they're a chip off Asus. When a person picks between them, they'll mostly go with the one who's been doing it the longest.

For practicality purposes, Asus hasn't exactly been 'doing it longer' than ASRock since they were working together to fill out the value and enthusiast segments of the market.

Due to parroting, the original spin-off of ASRock as lower end vs Asus as higher end has stuck.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Confirmed for ASRock employee or spy paid to say good things about them. :P

This is what i get for trying to contribute to discussion......

well both my asrock motherboards I've had.. died... soo.. I'm never buying them again.. probably I'm not the only one :lol: