Radeon R9 290 CPU combo HELP PLEASE

Go to solution Solved by JeffreyEagan,

i5-4690k.

I just bought a Sapphire R9 290 and I need a Cpu to pair it with. I want to run arma 3 with the best fps possible don't care if amd or intel £200 $300ish price range please no Amd fx 9590 because I don't want to spend more on water cooling. The Higher clock speeds the better. Any help would be greatly appreciated  :ph34r:

4690K for good performance and OC overhead.

The 9590 is a uselessly inefficient mess. Stay away from AMD for now unless under a very strict budget.

System: Thinkpad T460

Wait what?

You JUST posted a thread about this...

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

i5-4690k with Evo 212 CPU Cooling and a Z97 board if you have other budget for the board.

I just bought a Sapphire R9 290 and I need a Cpu to pair it with. I want to run arma 3 with the best fps possible don't care if amd or intel £200 $300ish price range please no Amd fx 9590 because I don't want to spend more on water cooling. The Higher clock speeds the better. Any help would be greatly appreciated  :ph34r:

SInce you are on a budget you could try one of the following combos

Asrock 970 Extreme4 +FX-8320E or FX-8350 or FX-8370

Its around 100-150$ cheaper than 4690k so you can buy an expensive water cooling in order to OC them to 4,5Ghz and have some extra money left

SInce you are on a budget you could try one of the following combos

Asrock 970 Extreme4 +FX-8320E or FX-8350 or FX-8370

Its around 100-150$ cheaper than 4690k so you can buy an expensive water cooling in order to OC them to 4,5Ghz and have some extra money left

Yeah thanks I've looked at the options And I think fx8370 And then Oc would be the best. Although to be honest I'll probably settle for high end air cooling because my case doesn't have the room for water cooling and I don't have the budget for a new cpu, case and water cooling at the same time :/