Burnt out

mod3rnnightmar3

I have a problem... A couple days ago I want to play a game. I looked at my library with 70+ games in it.

I simply didn't want to play anything yet I still had the urge to.

I haven't finished a game in months whether on my Xbox or pc.

I just can't seem to be able to find a game to play and worse when I am playing it's just borring, no matter what game it is. I don't suspect that there is any way to fix this. But I just needed to tell some one, to see if this had happened to anybody else.

I'm 15 and I still want to game but I can't.

I still live my pc and use it every day, just not for gaming.

I have this a lot. It's usually in the build up to a new game but for a year or so i've only been playing Dota 2 and CS:GO.

6a9f7d6e3ddff78735c4a7852e60537d.png

Not just you... You're just looking at more better things to do in life...

Start making wallpapers like me <3

Psshhh I don't know how to make wallpapers

But I do know how to make YouTube videos

@mod3rnnightmar3 

try getting a girlfriend, when you get bored of her go back to gaming! :D

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

Psshhh I don't know how to make wallpapers

But I do know how to make YouTube videos

Everyone knows how to make YouTube videos, whether or not they're good is another matter entirely. Most people wouldn't want to watch a 15 year old named mod3rnnightmar3 anyway..

If you feel burnt out, that happens to a lot of people. Gamers in particular, every now and then (quite frequently in my case) you feel like you don't have any games to play. All I can recommend is find something else interesting, browse forums, discuss, watch some movies, a new TV series, go outside (ikr wtf?). Once a new game comes out that interests you, you can play that for a couple hundred hours before you get bored.

Personally, I am waiting for GTA V to eat up my time as well as Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlords to sink a thousand hours into.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

It happens.

You need a break from gaming. Try picking up a hobby or something, or go outside. After a  while, you'll probably/most likely want to play again.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Everyone knows how to make YouTube videos, whether or not they're good is another matter entirely. Most people wouldn't want to watch a 15 year old named mod3rnnightmar3 anyway..

If you feel burnt out, that happens to a lot of people. Gamers in particular, every now and then (quite frequently in my case) you feel like you don't have any games to play. All I can recommend is find something else interesting, browse forums, discuss, watch some movies, a new TV series, go outside (ikr wtf?). Once a new game comes out that interests you, you can play that for a couple hundred hours before you get bored.

Personally, I am waiting for GTA V to eat up my time as well as Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlords to sink a thousand hours into.

I was kidding about the YouTube videos, if I ever did make any they would be crap.

#manwhisperer

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

I think we all feel this way man, just how gaming goes sometimes. Often I have more fun researching about new games instead of playing the games I have ;(

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840

I am the same, I feel as if I am coming of age, where gaming for my age is uncool, and newer games bore me, a few I am looking forward to, but its less and less every year.

But I feel games have no design these days, they are all the same, shooters more so than others, even halo has fallen into this trap.

The only "New" games I am looking forward to, not reboots.

The Witcher 3 (I upgraded my GPU just for this) 

GTA 5 (I may get it just for my gf)

That is it, I generally turn to GoG now for my gaming feeds, I find the older games much more enjoyable, and with the release of Grim Fandango Remastered, that should have me covered for a few weeks, then Nvn1/2 should also cover me.

I felt the same as you at 16 also, I stopped playing games for months, then I got hooked on Minecraft lol, but I feel it is happening again, and with works and other commitments I have less time to play these games, and to be honest, I couldnt care less, I am tempted to get my Rpi to play older games via emulation, and I will be happy, and I will keep my eyes on Steam/GoG/Humble

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

I am the same, I feel as if I am coming of age, where gaming for my age is uncool, and newer games bore me, a few I am looking forward to, but its less and less every year.

But I feel games have no design these days, they are all the same, shooters more so than others, even halo has fallen into this trap.

The only "New" games I am looking forward to, not reboots.

The Witcher 3 (I upgraded my GPU just for this)

GTA 5 (I may get it just for my gf)

That is it, I generally turn to GoG now for my gaming feeds, I find the older games much more enjoyable, and with the release of Grim Fandango Remastered, that should have me covered for a few weeks, then Nvn1/2 should also cover me.

I felt the same as you at 16 also, I stopped playing games for months, then I got hooked on Minecraft lol, but I feel it is happening again, and with works and other commitments I have less time to play these games, and to be honest, I couldnt care less, I am tempted to get my Rpi to play older games via emulation, and I will be happy, and I will keep my eyes on Steam/GoG/Humble

That's pretty much how I feel, I've been playing zelda via emulator on my phone (I've never played zelda before) and I'm enjoying it.

I guess it's time to get a gog account huh.

@mod3rnnightmar3

it works great for me :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

I also had a period where i was done with gaming, and simply took a break. There's plenty to do in the outside world, it's just that it is filled with people sadly.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

That's pretty much how I feel, I've been playing zelda via emulator on my phone (I've never played zelda before) and I'm enjoying it.

I guess it's time to get a gog account huh.

Yeah Zelda is a brilliant game, they have aged well, but personally, while I like Nintendo, I am a PS1 boy, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Medieval etc, all my classics, and GoG does not have them as they where not PC ported :(

I also think your getting burnt out because new games generally suck, its been a bad few years for gaming lately, get your self a RPi, get tweaking and tinkering, get some real life knowledge of PCs, then build a retro arcade or something :) stay living in the 90s/early 2k era

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

I have a problem... A couple days ago I want to play a game. I looked at my library with 70+ games in it.

I simply didn't want to play anything yet I still had the urge to.

I haven't finished a game in months whether on my Xbox or pc.

I just can't seem to be able to find a game to play and worse when I am playing it's just borring, no matter what game it is. I don't suspect that there is any way to fix this. But I just needed to tell some one, to see if this had happened to anybody else.

I'm 15 and I still want to game but I can't.

I still live my pc and use it every day, just not for gaming.

i took a break from gaming in my old nokia n73 phone, psp2000, laptop in 2013 by focusing on my studies and work..

right now, i want a break from work and started playing again Q4 of 2014...just couldn't stop the urge and i'm on weekend gaming sprees again.

have a lot of series to cover!lol

maybe go on movie/series marathon..perhaps reading countless mangas and anime..

read actual books!

@mod3rnnightmar3 

Great strategy. Use it all the time lol

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|