Linus Tech Tips Forum Profile - Posts vs Likes vs Views

Geekazoid

Hey there people's :D,

Okay, so I thought that it'd be a good idea to get this out of the way once and for all and find out what all of you value more. So, to help in this quest I've included a poll, but feel free to comment as well.

Alright guys, let's get this started!

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Meh, As long as the person doesnt shitpost or like-farm i dont really care.
It is how the person are and how useful he/she is that matter to me.

Edited by Johannes_Lazor

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

It would be cool if there was a 'helpful' button besides the 'like' button. To gauge how good/reliable the technical advice of the poster is.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Neither and here is why. Posts can be achieved by spam and poorly written posts so the amount of posts vs quality of posts has to be taken into account. And likes, well, quite a few people post funny stuff like GIFs as a reaction to something and get a ton of likes.
One time I edited a picture of Slick and Linus and made it look like a wedding invitation and I got quite a few likes. Does that mean I'm helpful? No, not really, it just means I can insert a frame in Photoshop. :D

All I care for is that I got to make my own title. :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Eh, I tend to gauge people by their helpfulness, sure having thousands of posts has a bragging factor, but if  you aren't helpful, they don't mean anything

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Non of the above.

Posts can easily be obtained with shitposting.

Likes can be had by making jokes in off topic, and since post in off topic doesn't count, than it also screws with the like/post ratio.

And just set a beautiful woman as you profile picture, and get profile views.

If there was a ´Best answer´ counter, that would be my measurement. But even that isn't a great measuremnt, since one could just answer easy questions.

And it's not always the best answer that gets marked as ´Best answer´, it's sometimes just the first answer. 

I will just keep being the best I can, since the opinion of users should be the real measuremnt.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes