Where is Dota 2 headed?

Goussy

I am a fan and I do play dota 2 but it feels like we are at a stale point, Valve hasn't come up with a good update in a while(In my opinion). The rate that arcana's are coming is way to fast, when a new hero comes out I'm pretty sure that we are going to be seeing arcana's. The drop system hasn't changed a bit, from the games that I have played from the update I've only seen one drop occur after a match. What are you guys opinion on what we will see in the future?

Dota will continue to grow, that's for sure.

I am a fan and I do play dota 2 but it feels like we are at a stale point, Valve hasn't come up with a good update in a while(In my opinion). The rate that arcana's are coming is way to fast, when a new hero comes out I'm pretty sure that we are going to be seeing arcana's. The drop system hasn't changed a bit, from the games that I have played from the update I've only seen one drop occur after a match. What are you guys opinion on what we will see in the future?

dota..3?

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

like everything its heading to a small fanbase of hardcore players. however thats quite a long way off

I'd really love to see them add different maps......HERESY, I know....but I think it would be interesting if they gave the option for another map.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

For the next big update they are switching it over to the source engine so it's going to provide the ability to make maps and game modes and a possibility to get better graphics :)

Upcoming update should be source 2 engine. The current meta of focusing on carry is perfect IMO. Although it is a patch for 4 protect 1, but the emphasis of multi-core line up that requires space making it is fun to watch. Glad to see strong heroes like Storm being played so much more often than the last 4p1 patch (TI2). Maybe minor heroes tweak, the meta is to stay of course.

I think the meta is pretty diverse right now, there's no dominant strategy and the hero pool is looking nice.

The upcoming Dota 2 Asian Championship is probably going to be really great. It's nice to see a non-TI tournament this big, I think it's important that teams can have a great year without attending to TI.

Also, hero tier list for competitive Dota 2 in December: http://i.imgur.com/hne6I3g.png

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

diretide pls.

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

Well Valve hasn't come out with a huge update for a while for a reason, working on the Source 2 update and the new event.  Well 6.82 was a pretty big change, probably the biggest post-TI change yet, some of the stuff done in TI4 is just plain impossible now.  And my god Valve, please for the love of god move the miracle ward somewhere else, I mean I know we can deward it now but jeez, it's too good.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

• 3 months later...

Bump for 6.84? I think things are going to get very interesting on the pro scene, not taking into account the various new items and aghs upgrades - the reduced farm gold and more evenly split kill bounties are going to change the entire meta.

Bump for 6.84? I think things are going to get very interesting on the pro scene, not taking into account the various new items and aghs upgrades - the reduced farm gold and more evenly split kill bounties are going to change the entire meta.

Early game focused now with more emphasis on early game rotation. Troll is still strong, but need more babysitting now. Super greedy Alchemist aghanim meta is viable if you can create enough space. However, early game meta revolving around Undying is also back, Bounty Hunter is also back.

I think there's going to be a lot of sleeper heroes. Rubberband has also been reduced, which is nice.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

• 1 month later...

DotA is growing, almost $15 million contributed pool prize this year for TI5. 

$12 million last year.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I just went back to Dota 2 after 1 year of hiatus, glimmer cape and solar crest are items that you will never go wrong as support! 

• 1 month later...

I just went back to Dota 2 after 1 year of hiatus, glimmer cape and solar crest are items that you will never go wrong as support! 

Commended.

Just a boy playing DOTA 2.