GTFO! R9 295X2 - what now?

Lord Lucifer

Hi all,

I'm sick of my R9 295x2's modern games dont seem to support crossfire, so I'm pretty much just using a 290x which wasn't the idea... Not to mention AMD's lack of driver updates for new games.

So I'm considering switching to 2x 980 GTX or should I go Titan Z?

Also, my PC colour scheme is black and red... I was looking at either the Strix 980 or the MSI Gaming 980.

Which would the folks here recommend? 

Thanks for the help!

most recent AAA games have yet to have a patch to make the game support SLi and CrossFire

even if you move over to nVidia, you might still be stuck gaming with just one GPU

wait for a while

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

>complains about multi card support

>buys two new cards to fix it

topkek

Seriously, you may as well just wait for the 390x/980ti or w/e they're going to name them.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

There is literally no point in upgrading at all.

>complains about multi card support

>buys two new cards to fix it

topkek

Seriously, you may as well just wait for the 390x/980ti or w/e they're going to name them.

Your profile pic, too good.

Hi all,

I'm sick of my R9 295x2's modern games dont seem to support crossfire, so I'm pretty much just using a 290x which wasn't the idea... Not to mention AMD's lack of driver updates for new games.

Also, my PC colour scheme is black and red... I was looking at either the Strix 980 or the MSI Gaming 980.

Thanks for the help!

TBH you should just stick with your AMD card, because not many games support CFX or SLI. When games are released, they usually take 2-8 months before they get cool features like this, but this is a problem for both AMD and Nvidia cards. The only upgrade I see with getting new cards would be that they use less power and have slightly more performance, but the gains will just be a waste of time and money.

Well, here's the thing. I know Ubi games are a mess at the moment generally, but I assumed nvidia had better support for their cards?

I used to have a 2x 680's and dont recall having issues I thought this was a AMD thing?

Would you all suggest sticking it out with my 295's?

Well, here's the thing. I know Ubi games are a mess at the moment generally, but I assumed nvidia had better support for their cards?

I used to have a 2x 680's and dont recall having issues I thought this was a AMD thing?

Would you all suggest sticking it out with my 295's?

Nvidia does have better driver support, but this doesn't help the fact that recently, the games themselves aren't supporting multi-GPU configs at launch. It takes quite a while for patches for that kind of stuff to come out.

Just stick with your 295. The issue is because of the games and therefore changing GPUs won't fix that.

"Rawr XD"

If they don't support crossfire they don't support sli either...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Hi all,

Thanks for the help!

Its GG - I imagine Nvidia SLI is more widely supported than AMD Crossfire however I am not sure that is the case.

I am going to say you should wait for AMD's next offering. or if you really hate AMD (for various reasons) then sell up the r9 295x2 and buy two gtx980's - I doubt you will get very much of a performance gain, maybe 20% per GPU

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.