Best Air Cooler?

Telchines

Hello, I am going for a purple themed build and right now I have a h100i but I want to have a air cooler since I have a corsair air 540. I want one that would kind of go with my build. the only one I found was the cooler master v8 GTS then put Corsair SP 120 LED Purple instead of the normal fans. Should I do that or get a different 1

Specs: Intel i7-4790k | Corsair H60 | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | 4x4g Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte g1 970 | Sandisk u110 128GB SSD | 1TB Toshiba Hard Drive | Corsair RM750 | Corsair Air 540 4 Corsair AF120 LED Purple 2 Corsair AF140 LED Purple

You could get a noctua nh-d14 and replace the stock fans with the corsair ones. They would perform a little worse than the stock fans but would match your build.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Noctua NH-D15

Cryorig H1

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Noctua NH-D15 or 14.

You could change the fans on them to fit your purple theme.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Noctua NH-D15 or 14.

You could change the fans on them to fit your purple theme.

You could get a noctua nh-d14 and replace the stock fans with the corsair ones. They would perform a little worse than the stock fans but would match your build.

Noctua NH-D15

Cryorig H1

So would the 14 or 15 be better over for cooling also what thermal paste should I get?

Specs: Intel i7-4790k | Corsair H60 | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | 4x4g Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte g1 970 | Sandisk u110 128GB SSD | 1TB Toshiba Hard Drive | Corsair RM750 | Corsair Air 540 4 Corsair AF120 LED Purple 2 Corsair AF140 LED Purple

So would the 14 or 15 be better over for cooling also what thermal paste should I get?

The 15 is slightly better, Arctic MX-4 is amazing thermal paste but the NH-D15 comes with NT-H1 which is also very good paste

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

The D-15 is better and it comes with good thermal paste in the package.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

15 is slightly better, but they both have different compatibility issues so I'd research them both extensively and compare with what other stuff you already have.

15 is slightly better, but they both have different compatibility issues so I'd research them both extensively and compare with what other stuff you already have.

The D-15 is better and it comes with good thermal paste in the package.

The 15 is slightly better, Arctic MX-4 is amazing thermal paste but the NH-D15 comes with NT-H1 which is also very good paste

Thinking about this should I just save up a little for and just do a custom loop?

Hello, I am going for a purple themed build and right now I have a h100i but I want to have a air cooler since I have a corsair air 540. I want one that would kind of go with my build. the only one I found was the cooler master v8 GTS then put Corsair SP 120 LED Purple instead of the normal fans. Should I do that or get a different 1

You're going to pretty much find the NH-D14 and NH-D15 at the top of the charts pretty consistently.  

It's going to have great performance at low noise levels.  

Clearance is sometimes an issue, but based on the air 540, you're going to have ZERO problems with that. 

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

You're going to pretty much find the NH-D14 and NH-D15 at the top of the charts pretty consistently.  

It's going to have great performance at low noise levels.  

Clearance is sometimes an issue, but based on the air 540, you're going to have ZERO problems with that. 

Square op

The nhd15 performs better but uses 140mm fans if I recall correctly. I don't know if there are 140mm fans that match your colour scheme.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The nhd15 performs better but uses 140mm fans if I recall correctly. I don't know if there are 140mm fans that match your colour scheme.

Im gonna use Corsair SP140 LED Purple

Thinking about this should I just save up a little for and just do a custom loop?

No. People make a custom loop because they want a custom loop. It looks awesome and they want to put money and effort into something they're passionate about. They don't make custom loops because of their cooling capabilities. The effort would be unwarranted if that were the lone motivation.

Then sure, it should work just fine and outperform the d14 :)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No. People make a custom loop because they want a custom loop. It looks awesome and they want to put money and effort into something they're passionate about. They don't make custom loops because of their cooling capabilities. The effort would be unwarranted if that were the lone motivation.

Then sure, it should work just fine and outperform the d14 :)

I would only do it for it for the looks and money isnt that big of a problem

I would only do it for it for the looks and money isnt that big of a problem

OK. But if you do make sure that you absolutely know what you're doing before hand. The amount of kit you stand to destroy if you don't is quite terrifying.

OK. But if you do make sure that you absolutely know what you're doing before hand. The amount of kit you stand to destroy if you don't is quite terrifying.

yolo?

yolo?

We're talking about the risk of having to throw away all your computer parts and all the components of your loop, make sure that's acceptable to you...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

We're talking about the risk of having to throw away all your computer parts and all the components of your loop, make sure that's acceptable to you...

I know but I really dont care tbh gives me something else to do

I know but I really dont care tbh gives me something else to do

Then go for it :) it would still be sad if you broke anything so make sure you read all you can about custom loops before you attempt it. There are a couple of excellent threads pinned in the watercooling section of the forum that can help you a lot.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Honestly make sure you're getting the Corsair fans for the look.  They are actually poor performing fans for pressure and airflow.  The frame design leaks a ton of air. 

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

Honestly make sure you're getting the Corsair fans for the look.  They are actually poor performing fans for pressure and airflow.  The frame design leaks a ton of air. 

Im using them since they go with my build I dont care about overclocking so it should be fine