My fx 6300 is underclocked by default. Any solutions other than overclocking?

My fx 6300 came in today. And i bought the no box version. So after is installed it it said that its 3.1 ghz, but it should be 3.5. And it also performs a lot worse than it should. I was only getting 5720 points on passmark instead of 6000+ that i should be getting. My motherboard only has 4pin cpu connector and i only have 2gb of ram right now (will get 8gb soon), if that helps. 

Anyway here are the specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-970A-DS3 
Ram: 2,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 671MHz (8-8-8-24)
GPU: 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc)
x20HFud.png

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

dont trust task manager plz, and well then JUST OVERCLOCK IT.

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Overclock the *****!  It was meant to be overclocked.  There is a great guide on how to overclock AMD FX chips on LTT.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Heh.

First off, what are your temperatures? Try a program like Core Temp.

Your FX-6300 is probably running far too hot and is throttling to keep itself at a safe temperature.

Sig under construction.

try to put load on it, it might just be an error in the software.

passmark counts as load right? 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

Heh.

First off, what are your temperatures? Try a program like Core Temp.

Your FX-6300 is probably running far too hot and is throttling to keep itself at a safe temperature.

15C it says it right there 

Sorry, screenshot wasn't loading for me.

Make sure that Speccy isn't just making those temps up and then try overclocking the hell out of it.

Sig under construction.

Be careful with that motherboard, only 4+1 VRMs with no heatsinks... recipe for disaster.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Something tells me unless it's 2 degrees in your room you are not running that cpu at 15c even at idle. I would say put a load on it then check cpu speed again, it won't always run max speed.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

2gbs of ram?

i used to have 8gb of corsair xms3. 6gb died on me and all i have now is 2gb 

Something tells me unless it's 2 degrees in your room you are not running that cpu at 15c even at idle. I would say put a load on it then check cpu speed again, it won't always run max speed.

i am not using the stock cooler and the room i am in is cold. its about 10C 

Overclock :D my 6300 is sat at 4.7GHz quite happily. 32 degrees Celsius idle   

Power Savings is what I see...,.....CPU's can do different speeds easily on the fly via the CPU Multiplier, Go to windows power profiles, in control panel, click and enable 'high performance' ........as default is probably set to something else which enabled harsher declocking. This will leave it at it's highest or higher frequencies for longer.

The 800-1400+Mhz is a power saving technique, if you do not want it, set high performance, and if it still happens, improve cooling, or disable AMD's Power saving in the bios. Watch your Temps and see how you go with it staying at it's higher frequencies over time as it will build heat if your airflow is bad.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You could try reset your BIOS? That might be the problem. Task manager's CPU clock is calculated at startup, so it might be that.

I use a Lenovo T440: i5 4300U, 8GB RAM, 128GB Samsung 840 Evo, 14" 900p display and an external 23" 1080p passive 3D monitor. Extended 6-cell battery with internal 3-cell. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (I only use open-source software -- haven't paid for a single program yet).

You're CPU is downclocking, you need to turn off cool n' quiet in the BIOS. Try running the test again once you've done that.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz