Monitor doesnt recognize input after using shadowplay once

Thank you for clicking on my thread.

I was looking at the geforce experience when I decided to see and try the new features one of which is shadowplay, and upon clicking the button to turn on shadowplay my screen turned black, closed all of the media running or atleast the sound of it, and renewed after five seconds. As I was paniccing over the monitor I tapped the shadowplay on button one more time to turn it back off, and immediatly afterwards the display showed 'digital', 'analog' alternating boxes for a few seconds and finally the "check signal cable" error.

I've tried turning my computer off and on a number of times, connect and disconnect the cables to my monitor and the gpu, connecting to the motherboard, and removing the gpu from my motherboard and connecting the cables directly to the motherboard's internal intel hd graphics but to no avail.

Ive had the version before the latest on my driver and the following specs:

Asus Gtx 750 ti oc 2gb gpu

Intel i5-4460 3.2ghz cpu

Gigabyte h87 -s2v motherboard

Asus sound blaster soundcard

an ssd and a hdd

I would thank deeply for your comments if you have anything to ask or say that might contribute to helping me fix that issue, as of right now my whole computer is basically inoperable because of that issue and it is deeply frustrating.

I was in a similar situation where my monitor no longer recognized  the DP input after changing some settings. Thankfully, I had another monitor which recognized when I used hdmi, so I was able to uninstall and reinstall my graphics cards drivers and then use my main monitor again.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I was in a similar situation where my monitor no longer recognized  the DP input after changing some settings. Thankfully, I had another monitor which recognized when I used hdmi, so I was able to uninstall and reinstall my graphics cards drivers and then use my main monitor again.

Thank you for your comment.

Unfortunatly I do not have another monitor available in reach. All the other computers I have acces to are laptops and they do not belong to me. Secondly, I do not think it would be something that a diffrent monitor would be able to fix as I havent changed any settings on the monitor, the refresh rate or even the graphics card itself, and it seems to be just unrecognizeable as to what is the source of error, however I am now trying to reach out to more family members or friends that can loan me a monitor as to test your hypothesis.

I would however welcome wholeheartidly any other hypothesis anyone have or someone who has been struggling with a similar issue that is now solved.

After uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers using a diffrent monitor to get the plug and play reset on the original monitor ive resolved the issue. Thanks for your help suggesting the monitor might be the issue after the shadowplay.

happy holidays