ASUS VG248QE

Munken-

Hi guys. I have been looking in to a new monitor. This is the asus vg248qe. I like the looks of the monitor and the specs. I will be using this for my PC and my xbox one plus ps4. I play competitive games for money and such so I want a good response time and refresh rate. So my main question for you guys is do you like this monitor personally to the people that have it? Do you think I should get anything different? Thank you for your time.

Yeah. Love it, got it 3 months ago on some sale. That 144hz and 1ms helps in intense gaming moments. Honestly this monitor should get a 20 out of 10. Especially if you have an NVIDIA gpu, lots more features!

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I personally cannot stand TN, I have to have IPS. Although that is very subjective. 

If the OP is playing FPS games or something that will require twitch responses then the VG248QE will do perfectly, if he uses it for more RPG/mmo based gaming than an IPS monitor would be perfect but based on the monitor selection he has chosen im willing to bet its more on the FPS side, where IPS would not be sufficient due to higher response times leading to ghosting and other issues. VG248 is an amazing monitor, i had 2 before i sold them and upgraded to the 27'' version. Color calibration needs a little tuning if you want the best color replication but no nessesary to have an enjoyable experiance.

I have both this monitor and the RoG Swift and an IPS model.  For watching movies and such the IPS is THE monitor to watch them on, even the larger 27 in ROG Swift can't hold a candle to it.

But...

If you are primarily using it for gaming, like me.  You can't beat the 144Mhz - 1ms specs of these monitors, not to mention the G-sync.  They kick the ass of the IPS in framerate, non-tearing and over all look/feel of the games.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

will a 144hz monitor have any benefits at all, even if your computer can't even run games at 144fps?

Yeah. Love it, got it 3 months ago on some sale. That 144hz and 1ms helps in intense gaming moments. Honestly this monitor should get a 20 out of 10. Especially if you have an NVIDIA gpu, lots more features!

Does it have G-SYNC? 

Does it have G-SYNC? 

Pretty sure there is a version out there that does

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

If you don't have a card that can do 144Mhz you won't see much a difference. Same if it has G-sync, unless you have a card that can support it, you simply won't see a difference.  Future upgrades tho.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i