Are Samsung 850 Pro SSDs worth it?

We've all heard of the amazing features the Samsung 850 Pro SSDs have, besides 3D V-NAND technology.

But they also have a staggering price/GB rate, which luckily has not reached $1/GB yet... :)

Long story short, are Samsung 850 Pro SSDs worth it?

kompooterz.

what kind of use?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Get an EVO, read and write speeds are similiar. The Pro has a 10 year warranty vs 3 year.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Does the 3D V-NAND increase read/write speeds better than other SSD controllers? (Don't judge me, I'm still a noob at some computer hardware)

Also, Samsung 840 EVO SSDs have been known to have a mediocre reputation over time, mainly because their read/write speeds were slowing down... At least that's what I heard.

kompooterz.

i was going to buy the samsung 850 pro but decided to get a sandisk extreme pro instead 

Long story short, are Samsung 850 Pro SSDs worth it?

Nope. Save your money, get something like an ADATA SP900.

i was going to buy the samsung 850 pro but decided to get a sandisk extreme pro instead 

Good choice actually, the Extreme Pro is very close to the 850 Pro in performance, but quite a bit cheaper.

"Rawr XD"

It's a waste of money, unless you really need one (ie. need every drop of performance out of a sata drive or crazy endurance).

Budget options like adata sp610, 840evo, mx100 all make more sense, since they are much cheaper and just as good for an avarage user.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Save your money, get something like an ADATA SP900.

Good choice actually, the Extreme Pro is very close to the 850 Pro in performance, but quite a bit cheaper.

850 pro is only $20 more than the Sandisk, has Samsung's new V-NAND technology for longer life and the baller Samsung Magician software to improve speed with the OS.

Does the 3D V-NAND increase read/write speeds better than other SSD controllers? (Don't judge me, I'm still a noob at some computer hardware)

Also, Samsung 840 EVO SSDs have been known to have a mediocre reputation over time, mainly because their read/write speeds were slowing down... At least that's what I heard.

Samsung fixedo the slow down with a firmware update.

Samsung fixedo the slow down with a firmware update.

I was aware of that indeed...

kompooterz.

850 pro is worth it.But not for average user.If you really want endurance(which all ssds need),then get that one only if you are getting like 512gb or 1tb.