Razer Kraken Pro: Are They as Bad as People Tell Them to be?

Jrv01

I was just wondering whether these headphones are really as bad as people say. Of course, they do not have any sort of surround sound systems, virtual 7.1 nor true 5.1. 

So, does anybody think that these are actually a good/decent pair of headphones for the price, and if not, what others would you recommend?

Keep posting guys!

HyperX cloud is much better for the price. Sound is much more balanced albeit a slightly muddy bass (But really only SLIGHTLY).

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

hyperx > anything razer

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Everyone seems to hate on them, but honestly... I just got mine in the mail yesterday and they blow the hyper x clouds out of the water as far as sound quality goes.. They sound exactly like a pair of ATH-M50's (AMAZING studio monitors my buddy @RevoltTrain has...). Yes, the mic could be better, but I don't see it as an issue considering I am using the AT2020 microphone.

EDIT: 

I am by FAR not a Razer fanboy. The only items in my setup that are Razer atm is my headset (Razer Kraken Pro) and the Razer Naga a friend is letting me borrow until I can order my M65 mouse. 

I can't speak from experience. Headphone reviews are very objective and based on experience. If you like them who cares if they are bad.

I've used them, hated the sound quality. A friend was letting me try them, the mic quality sounded a little off when he spoke, and I just don't like them.. They broke within 3 months and now he has a 7.1 Logitech speaker set.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

They're fine. Definitely better options out there at that price point though.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

If you really want something you should buy them. Don't let people pressure you into not doing what you want.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Please don't buy them.

I bought them about a year ago so I've had quite a bit of time with them. For the first few days you may (or may not) love the heavy bass and muddy mids but the worst parts I found was that they felt like a vice clamp around my head and were impossible to wear for more than an hour without seriously hurting my ears, the build quality isn't that good either as when you move them about you can hear the plastic bending and just overall I can't see a real reason to recommend it.

I'd look towards a different brand.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.