FAA Can Now Legally Regulate Small Drones Flights.

#REKT

MicroDrone2.jpg

The Federal Aviation Administration won a key ruling this week allowing it to regulate drone flights.

The decision by the National Transportation Safety Board was a setback for those who had argued drones should be allowed to fly without all the regulations that apply to more typical manned aircraft.

Under FAA rules, any aircraft that flies more than 400 feet above the ground must be governed by its rules. Model planes that have been flown for years must stay below that 400 foot limit.

The decision by the National Transportation Safety Board was a setback for those who had argued drones should be allowed to fly without all the regulations that apply to more typical manned aircraft.

The NTSB ruling brings a new twist in the FAA's case against Raphael Pirker, the man who was fined for flying a small drone "near the University of Virginia to film a commercial video in 2011 , The FCC gave him a fine for $10,000 Raphael .

"The National Transportation Safety Board affirmed the agency's position that unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) meet the legal definition of 'aircraft,' and that the agency may take enforcement action against anyone who operates a UAS or model aircraft in a careless or reckless manner."

It's quite a good thing that this is being regulated as i can see several advantages but it can also be pretty outright irritating when viewed for the causes of just having some fun & the aviation industry is blocking it :/

Post your thoughts & rants on this down beloooooooooooooooooooee

Bonus:

ho ho ho..meeeerry christmas...

amazon_drone.jpg

Link:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/19/technology/faa-drones/index.html

Details separate people.

Now that the legal barrier has been broken, it is now up to the OEMs to design products for application into the real world.

Maybe a more friendlier design for drones?

Current drones look like stuff used in warfare.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

-snip-

Thanks for the info.

So, I'm under the impression that as long as you fly under 400ft, you can fly unregulated? At what heights do drones typically fly? I don't have any experience, so 400ft sounds reasonable (but what do I know, I've never flown one).

Thanks for the info.

So, I'm under the impression that as long as you fly under 400ft, you can fly unregulated? At what heights do drones typically fly? I don't have any experience, so 400ft sounds reasonable (but what do I know, I've never flown one).

Technically it's depends on the make & model or depending on the range of Wifi afterwards it dies down, But there have been confirmed reports & the FAA Claims that a drone had made altitude of upto 3600+ feet :/

Details separate people.

You've always had to stay under 400ft with any remote control aircraft otherwise it's illegal without permission from the FAA, I don't see how that part is any news.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Technically it's depends on the make & model or depending on the range of Wifi afterwards it dies down, But there have been confirmed reports & the FAA Claims that a drone had made altitude of upto 3600+ feet :/

You've always had to stay under 400ft with any remote control aircraft otherwise it's illegal without permission from the FAA, I don't see how that part is any news.

Is getting permission hard? or is it more of an issue of how expensive it is? (or both?)

Is getting permission hard? or is it more of an issue of how expensive it is? (or both?)

The FAA is very strict so the BS you'd have to go though to legally fly above 400ft just for a average 20 minute flight is not worth it unless your doing some event.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

The FAA is very strict so the BS you'd have to go though to legally fly above 400ft just for a average 20 minute flight is not worth it unless your doing some event.

I was thinking it was going to be an annual license or something. (O_O;;

Well I'll make sure to keep all of this in mind if I ever buy a drone.

How is this regulation meant to affect current drone users? Will it add any extra burdens to those who just want to use Drones for fun purposes? 

Something I'm interested in knowing, seeing as current state regulations range widely on the subject.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Strange rule this one. I say that it should be up to 400 feet, OR outside of controlled airspace (Can be found by looking on charts). Traffic is not assured separation outside of CAS. The problem is that you can normally get a traffic or dereliction service outside of CAS, and the drones probably wouldn't be identified, and obviously don't have mode C, or even a transponder, meaning that the controllers can't see their altitude. 

(NB, FAA proceedures are strange and I'm not familiar with them, may be different from ICAO)

Nobody would notice if you went a bit over.