Sony may be shafting British and European customers

mvitkun

playstation 4 will cost

$399 in the U.S

€399 in European countries

£349 in GB

KZFdIPf.png

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

European countries have rediculously high tax rates, at least on consumer electronics, which drives up prices; the US has relatively low taxes, and sometimes they are not included in the price tag. Yes the PS4 will be more expensive there, but it was going to be no matter what Sony did.

Besides, it's less of a price bump than the Xbone.

They seem to be both doing it. But consumer electronics are not THAT more expensive, no we are getting boned for some reason. It should be €300 or there abouts. Not a console buy but for €300 I'd find it hard to resist. As it stands now, I'll wait. We'll see... indie games, Abe's Odyssey, the fact that there is little or no DRM, GTA5, GT and The Last of Us... you never know, I might actually buy my first console since Master System II :D

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

European countries have rediculously high tax rates, at least on consumer electronics, which drives up prices; the US has relatively low taxes, and sometimes they are not included in the price tag. Yes the PS4 will be more expensive there, but it was going to be no matter what Sony did.

Besides, it's less of a price bump than the Xbone.

Norway does not have any higher electronics tax than USA, and always get shafted in the same stroke as all other European countries that use Euro or Pound Sterling even though we aren't even in the EU. Steam even forces you to pay in Euros if you don't use a fake US address. I'm honestly so sick of it that I don't know what I would do if I actually cared about the PS4.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Norway does not have any higher electronics tax than USA, and always get shafted in the same stroke as all other European countries that use Euro or Pound Sterling even though we aren't even in the EU. Steam even forces you to pay in Euros if you don't use a fake US address. I'm honestly so sick of it that I don't know what I would do if I actually cared about the PS4.

have you compared your VAT tax rate to the sales tax in most US states. It is probably significantly higher. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

have you compared your VAT tax rate to the sales tax in most US states. It is probably significantly higher. 

I'm not talking about VAT, I'm talking about electronics-specific. In other European countries you will se an electronics-specific add on top of VAT and imports.

PS4 comparison:

$400 is 2200 Norwegian kroner.

€400 is 3600 Norwegian kroner.

Thus, Sony's pricing, any VAT or duties notwithstanding, is an inexplicable ramp up.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

At least it's still cheaper than the Xbox One, with better hardware, better games and not DRM the PS4 is going to be the system to buy. All I want know is for all the the exclusives to come to PC as the PC doesn't compete with any of the the major consoles I don't think it's too much to ask for.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

399 USD is 311.11 EUR, 19% VAT on 311 Euros is €358.32, leaving €40.68 unaccounted for (an 11% price increase).

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

399 USD is 311.11 EUR, 19% VAT on 311 Euros is €358.32, leaving €40.68 unaccounted for (an 11% price increase).

I'm not talking about VAT, I'm talking about electronics-specific. In other European countries you will se an electronics-specific add on top of VAT and imports.

PS4 comparison:

$400 is 2200 Norwegian kroner.

€400 is 3600 Norwegian kroner.

Thus, Sony's pricing, any VAT or duties notwithstanding, is an inexplicable ramp up.

They seem to be both doing it. But consumer electronics are not THAT more expensive, no we are getting boned for some reason. It should be €300 or there abouts. Not a console buy but for €300 I'd find it hard to resist. As it stands now, I'll wait. We'll see... indie games, Abe's Odyssey, the fact that there is little or no DRM, GTA5, GT and The Last of Us... you never know, I might actually buy my first console since Master System II :D

guys you need to watch this video,it tells you all you need to know about corporations :D

this video makes me so happy 

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Meh, I know corporations exist purely to make money, I was just saying exactly how much more money they are making out of European customers. What I didn't mention is how much it actually costs to import a product for sale, because they don't manufacture the things here (shipping, customs, trade licence etc) or any additional requirements; for example having to use a different transformer (we use 240V electricity not 110V, plug a 110V console into the wall here and it will blow up and set fire to your house) or more stringent EMI emittance regulations.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

With tech prices in Australia I won't be surprised if its $1000 here.

With tech prices in Australia I won't be surprised if its $1000 here.

don't be so negative,I'm sure it won't be more than $999.99 lol

Linus Sebastian said:

But Isn't Norway a very developed country that has a High Standard of Living. Like in Finland prices are generally more expensive than other EU countries, ridiculously High food Prices for example. And a VAT of about 22 %

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Yeah but....Sony shafted Microsoft...

CoolerMaster HAF 932 -- A10-5800k -- ASrock FM2A55M-DGS -- Corsair H80i -- Sapphire Radeon HD7850 -- OCZ ZT 750W

Just be glad you're not a car person

But Isn't Norway a very developed country that has a High Standard of Living. Like in Finland prices are generally more expensive than other EU countries, ridiculously High food Prices for example. And a VAT of about 22 %

This sounds about right. Prices are higher and wages are higher, so on balance, buying power pretty much levels out with other countries. Taxes on certain products differ a lot from other products. I would say that relatively speaking, Norway are amongst the cheapest in electronics, but in other areas, like cars, we have stupidly high prices. One example that springs to mind was a Camaro.

In 2010 this car cost the equivalent of about 200,000 NOK in USA with the exchange rate at the time. For that kind of money, you won't even get a 1.3 Toyota Auris. The Camaro would set you back more than 6 times as much, 1,200,000 NOK, more than 207,500 USD :-(

This is completely normal for electronics unfortunately. PC parts, mobile devices etc. everything costs about the same quantity of € as it does in $ in america, which is much higher in terms of value and it's not all taxes, so I wouldn't blame it just on Sony.

It's the same for all electronics. 

The GTX780 costs 649$ and in uk costs £550

when by your logic, the uk price should £417. does that mean nvidia is shafting EU customers?????????

WHY is this news? every electronics consumer has known this shit for years

here's a link that kinda explains it,

warning: shit gets a bit complicated.

http://money.uk.msn.com/investing/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=156030156

It's the same for all electronics. 

The GTX780 costs 649$ and in uk costs £550

when by your logic, the uk price should £417. does that mean nvidia is shafting EU customers?????????

WHY is this news? every electronics consumer has known this shit for years

here's a link that kinda explains it,

warning: shit gets a bit complicated.

http://money.uk.msn.com/investing/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=156030156

The difference is, it isn't $650 = £550. The prices for the consoles are $400/500 = £350/450 respectively. I don't know exactly where the price is coming from, but the consoles have a higher price increase in Europe than other electronics.

In greece the Vat tax is 23% in everything even if you buy it from the web....

CPU:Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition / Xigmatek gaia, Mobo:Gigabyte 970A-DS3Ram:Corsair XMS3 2x2GB 1333mhz, GPU:MSI R7770 GHz Edition, PSU:Corsair CX500 500W, Case:Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition.

In greece the Vat tax is 23% in everything even if you buy it from the web....

So in Greece you are only being ripped off by Sony for 11 Euros instead of 40 :)

So in Greece you are only being ripped off by Sony for 11 Euros instead of 40 :)

Well im guessing that the ps4 will be around 500euros. 100 will go to taxes :)

CPU:Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition / Xigmatek gaia, Mobo:Gigabyte 970A-DS3Ram:Corsair XMS3 2x2GB 1333mhz, GPU:MSI R7770 GHz Edition, PSU:Corsair CX500 500W, Case:Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition.

Well im guessing that the ps4 will be around 500euros. 100 will go to taxes :)

They already announced the price, and according to the people in Europe announced prices always include taxes.

Just be glad you're not a car person

This sounds about right. Prices are higher and wages are higher, so on balance, buying power pretty much levels out with other countries. Taxes on certain products differ a lot from other products. I would say that relatively speaking, Norway are amongst the cheapest in electronics, but in other areas, like cars, we have stupidly high prices. One example that springs to mind was a Camaro.

In 2010 this car cost the equivalent of about 200,000 NOK in USA with the exchange rate at the time. For that kind of money, you won't even get a 1.3 Toyota Auris. The Camaro would set you back more than 6 times as much, 1,200,000 NOK, more than 207,500 USD :-(

You get lots of money You pay lots of money, but it must suck that cars are that expensive, just checked and a new 2010 camaro cost ~78 000 € so about 600 000 NOK if I converted correctly. 140k is a lot for a camaro

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum