Cosair CS 750M Good Or Bad?

Grem0

Hey all,i am deciding to get a new PSU as mine is having constant surges when playing games etc. I have been looking to see which one i should get and the corsair 750m took my eye as it is cheap ad should be enough wattage for my rig. i just want to see what people think of it and/or should i get a different PSU?

Thanks all 

It's good but often not that good of a value.

Where are you shopping/located? Budget? What are you powering? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What are the specs of your pc you might not need 750w

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

What specs because you'd probably be fine with 600w.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

What are the specs of your pc you might not need 750w

It's good but often not that good of a value.

Where are you shopping/located? Budget? What are you powering? 

What specs because you'd probably be fine with 600w.

i currently have 

I7 4770k

16GB RAM

Asus Z87 Motherboard

GTX 760 Superclocked  4GB edition

2TB HDD and a 500GB HDD also

i currently have 

I7 4770k

16GB RAM

Asus Z87 Motherboard

GTX 760 Superclocked  4GB edition

2TB HDD and a 500GB HDD also

A 750w is overkill even for sli? Are you planning to sli?

Where are you shopping/located? Budget? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

A 750w is overkill even for sli? Are you planning to sli?

Where are you shopping/located?

No i might want to buy n SSD and i would prefer to shop of amazon or overclockers or newegg due to that i can trust them. How many watts do you thnk i shouod get

No i might want to buy n SSD and i would prefer to shop of amazon or overclockers or newegg due to that i can trust them. How many watts do you thnk i shouod get

A decent 500w would be plenty. Budget?

A decent 500w would be plenty. Budget?

about £60 

Hey all,i am deciding to get a new PSU as mine is having constant surges when playing games etc. I have been looking to see which one i should get and the corsair 750m took my eye as it is cheap ad should be enough wattage for my rig. i just want to see what people think of it and/or should i get a different PSU?

Thanks all 

Good and not that good. GS and CX series from corsair are the low end. They are not as bad as some other PSU, like Tt.

But, the price not that great,unless you bought then on sale, like $30.

750W is a lot for a PC with single GPU (even 290x). If me, I will buy Antec, Seasonice, and Cooler Master. They are good for the price.