PS4 gaming performance in a few years

IMPERIUS

Hi!

what are your expectations of the ps4's gaming performance in e.g. 4 years?

We know that the ps3 struggles in games like watch dogs, but since the ps4 is much more powerfull, how do you think it will do in the triple A titles of the future?

Also compared to a 400$ pc?

Thank you

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I have absolutely no clue on this.  I do not understand all that is under the hood of the PS4 and I know nothing about computer programming and what it takes to put games together.  With this said I have no comment on the PS4's future in terms of what games will look like and how they will perform.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

as the architecture isnt crazy like the cell was it will not improve much, it will slightly improve, likely by apis, also optimizing for a single hardware platform is much easier then the masses of the pc world, so the platform will slightly improve, thats all.

I will stay with pc because of mods, mouse and keyboard and the summer/winter sale.

Exclusives are tempting but i dont like hdmi.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

In the last generation of consoles, we saw that developers got better over time - compare the graphical fidelity between Mass Effect 1 and 3 on the PS3/Xbox 360. Still, I'm not entirely sure if we'd see something as drastic this generation; I would think the architecture is a lot more familiar this time around, but I don't know for sure.

The PS4 and XB1 aren't nearly as great in terms of price/performance as the PS3 and Xbox 360 were on launch. I could be wrong, but I feel what we see now is what we'll be getting for several years to come, unless it's from a developer that actually cares about PC ports, like CD Projekt Red.

PS4 struggle get 1080P at 30fps Xbox just worst I don't understand the word Nex Gen that can't do the standard 1080p, 1080p is going old news when more people upgrade to 4k and 4K is getting so affordable.

I can picture PS5, Xbox Two in a 2-3yr times they can't last 7-8yrs the longer they stay in this you might get 720p or 480p game.

And I know Microsoft and Sony going make there next console more than $500 probably 700-600 dollars because they don't want make another console so quick again and they probably make it backwards compatible for telling you guys sorry for having another console so early

Technology don't wait on no one put it in gear Sony, Microsoft.  

PS4 struggle get 1080P at 30fps Xbox just worst I don't understand the word Nex Gen that can't do the standard 1080p, 1080p is going old news when more people upgrade to 4k and 4K is getting so affordable.

I can picture PS5, Xbox Two in a 2-3yr times they can't last 7-8yrs the longer they stay in this you might get 720p or 480p game.

And I know Microsoft and Sony going make there next console more than $500 probably 700-600 dollars because they don't want make another console so quick again and they probably make it backwards compatible for telling you guys sorry for having another console so early

Technology don't wait on no one put it in gear Sony, Microsoft.  

Really don't know where you're getting the info, there are some PS4 games that are sub 1080p, but the vast majority are at least hitting 1080p30 with some unclocked averaging in the 45 region, and some even hitting 60.

The new systems aren't maybe at the same point power wise in relation to when they were launched compared to ps3/360 ( and priced appropriately for that though), but they do have some advantages in that pretty much all the processing power in the systems can be used how ever the developer wants. The GPUs on the ps3/360 were mostly fixed in what they could actually do, which was graphics work, but the new systems GPUs (PS4 more so) are hugely gear towards doing compute functions. That power can be put towards cloth and physics calculations, but also things such as AI and animation systems being off loaded to the GPU. So while we will see the difference between PC and console games graphics grow, hopefully we will see other aspects of games get a boost like the AI, physics and animations which can bring a world to life just as much if not more than impressive graphics. All this of course with benefit PC gaming as much as consoles.

Allthough the ps4 cant run watch dogs at 1080p, I actually dont mind. I dont really care that much about fps, especially in those open world games. Yes, fps does matter in shooter games but I think 30fps is just enough, 120fps wont make you that much of a better player. So I think that in a few years, games will run at 720p, with dips below 30fps. Of course its not the best thing in the world, but its enough.

I also love the system software stability. I still have win vista (yes, its time to upgrade) and it fails at everything. I cant even install a newer printer (btw. is win 8 also prone to such things, not computers but e.g. anti cheat systems like punkbuster), and with the consoles you are guaranteed that all games will run no matter how old the system is.

so in the long term, the ps4's gaming performance will be better compared to an 400$ pc. Right?

Thank you

they should be fine. 

although I kinda love to see consoles go try the standard I put my self in. 7680x1440 :) but it might take a while or  even skip over in the future and I don't really know I can't guess.

4k is interesting though but I'm still waiting for a 4k 144hz 1ms ips panel 10bit (hopefully some how they would release something like this).

Live your life like a dream.

The ps4 struggles TODAY.

Think about that for a minute.

So much for "Next gen" potatoes.

~Just the tips

The only good human being is a dead human being. 

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

We will more than likely see a bit of a performance increase, somewhere maybe in the 10% - 15% at the very best. However with the way that games are going the hardware in the console will not be able to hold up. Last gen the 360 was ahead of the PC market when it came to the GPU, this time around they are behind, by a good bit. The reason I say they may get a boost is because the consoles do not have to deal with as much resources going into running them but they are already falling behind a lot. Give it 2 years and the consoles will not be able in any way keep up with the PC market.

The ps4 struggles TODAY.

Think about that for a minute.

And that's a terrible argument point.

The PS3 "struggled" to hit 720 30 on launch, 8 years later it has some 1080 30 games, several 720 60 games, and then again it had done sub 720 sub 30 fps games from incompetent devs like crytek. Any given year in the future I expect the great majority of games on current gen to be 1080 30. Hell I imagine there will be more 1080 60 games than sub 1080 games

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

And that's a terrible argument point.

The PS3 "struggled" to hit 720 30 on launch, 8 years later it has some 1080 30 games, several 720 60 games, and then again it had done sub 720 sub 30 fps games from incompetent devs like crytek. Any given year in the future I expect the great majority of games on current gen to be 1080 30. Hell I imagine there will be more 1080 60 games than sub 1080 games

OP's question was : how will the ps4 do in 4 years ?

Seeing that, as I said and like you confirmed, the ps4 struggles now (regardless of if it's due to bad coding or outdated hardware), and seeing that technology progresses fast and games become more and more demanding (regardless of if it's due to bad coding or just plain graphic demands), then I think it's a fair conclusion to make that the ps4 will struggle in 4 years. This is as fair of a conclusion that one can make. A less diplomatic individual would have said : " the ps4 will be completely outdated in 4 years". He would have been right. Almost like my beast, 10 times the price of a ps4 (at time of purchase), rig will be in 4 years.

Spoiler

PC MasterRace!!

Switch over to the other side....

Their is no reason to jump ship yet in less you want to play old games you couldn't play in 1080p. Other then that no reason as of now. In less you want to spend 800 to get slightly better visuals I can just wait two years then actually get my money's worth when 4k actually hits.

Hi!

what are your expectations of the ps4's gaming performance in e.g. 4 years?

We know that the ps3 struggles in games like watch dogs, but since the ps4 is much more powerfull, how do you think it will do in the triple A titles of the future?

Also compared to a 400$ pc?

Thank you

To be honest only time will tell don't let anyone try to bring you down no one knows what the games will run in 4 years. Buying a PC right now is dumb prices are fluctuating left and right 780 for $500 one second then a few months later a 970 for $350. Then a few months later 990 for $600 after that 5x performance for 300. When a standard gaming PC right now still only does 1080 p so honestly no point consoles is where it's at.

To be honest only time will tell don't let anyone try to bring you down no one knows what the games will run in 4 years. Buying a PC right now is dumb prices are fluctuating left and right 780 for $500 one second then a few months later a 970 for $350. Then a few months later 990 for $600 after that 5x performance for 300. When a standard gaming PC right now still only does 1080 p so honestly no point consoles is where it's at.

What do you think of getting a 500$ gaming pc right now? And does any1 have a graph showing the performnce increase through time?

What do you think of getting a 500$ gaming pc right now? And does any1 have a graph showing the performnce increase through time?

If you don't have a console already give it a shot but I can't promise if you will be pleased with it I the future. Bust as of now it seems to be okay.

If you don't have a console already give it a shot but I can't promise if you will be pleased with it I the future. Bust as of now it seems to be okay.

Yeah well, I actually do own a ps4 (thats why I made this forum) but since I own a 5-6 yr old pc with vista on it that isn't able to play any games because everything, but really everything breaks down on it and isn't able to use a printer, I think it is time to upgrade :D

Yeah well, I actually do own a ps4 (thats why I made this forum) but since I own a 5-6 yr old pc with vista on it that isn't able to play any games because everything, but really everything breaks down on it and isn't able to use a printer, I think it is time to upgrade :D

Your best bet if your going to spend 5 to 6 is wait around this time of next year to do it cause at that price range your not going to get much of more what the ps4 can offer.

Unless your dying to play the witcher 2 an 1 but not sure how 3 will handle on that rig.

Your best bet if your going to spend 5 to 6 is wait around this time of next year to do it cause at that price range your not going to get much of more what the ps4 can offer.

Unless your dying to play the witcher 2 an 1 but not sure how 3 will handle on that rig.

Actually just wait 2 years around 2016 spend 5 to 6 and once this hardware starts to show its age a new console generation will be their to pick up. And once that shows its age you would already have some parts from your last build to transfer over to a new pc. I say buy a PC after 3 to 4 years when a console comes out to save the most of your money's worth.

"Next Gen" consoles are meh. In general. Their performance is not very good rn so...

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

They said it was rumoured on the wan show there would be console revisions of the ps4 and xbox one next year. Soooo there is that.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

They said it was rumoured on the wan show there would be console revisions of the ps4 and xbox one next year. Soooo there is that.

Like a new model?

Like a new model?

slimmed version is in the air, no confirmation yet though.

Also fyi, I tested ac unity, as you know it's 30 fps and man was it noticeable , even my friends notice it and they didn't even know about the locked 30 fps.

Also the visuals were terrible, I could see ghosting on everything. And objects were veeeeery noticble jaggy.

So...anything not 1080 is puke. 30 fps, fine I can live with that if it's solid 30 but it better have 1080.

Note it was on Xbox1. I didn't see the ps4 version sadly.

And I forgot to check out witcher 3 and farcry 4.