EVGA GTX 970 Backplates have arrived!

Chelsi_Gamer

k

about time...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

can't wait to get mine. I'm still waiting approval for my invoice :( Just got the card on the 24th , and yes, they look sexy. especially in a pair.

i5 2500k@4.2GHZ       / Hyper 212 Evo     / GTX 970 (EVGA) 1410Mhz core     / GTX 970 (EVGA) 1410Mhz core      / ASROCK z77 extreme 4 / Seasonic X series 1050w     / Azza Spartan case       / 2x4GB Kingston 1600mhz      / Toshiba Crucial 256 SSD     / Hitachi 3tb storage drive    / Hitachi 1tb storage drive / WD My Passport 1tb storage drive       / Corsair K90 Keyboard      / Corsair M65 FPS mouse      / Asus vw246h 24" monitor       / Asus vs247h-p 23" monitor.

That's sexier than the G1 Gaming backplate :(

Lies. 

They do look good though. Should of been shipped with the backplates though rather then making the customer put them on. 

Lies.

They do look good though. Should of been shipped with the backplates though rather then making the customer put them on.

I still kinda prefer the looks of my G1 backplate, specially the logo. But the EVGA one is pretty too. EVGA should sell the cards with the backplate already installed. I don't understand.

It's true that the ACX 2.0 cooler is defective on the 970?

I still kinda prefer the looks of my G1 backplate, specially the logo. But the EVGA one is pretty too. EVGA should sell the cards with the backplate already installed. I don't understand.

Defective? Not at all. Sure the auxiliary pipe doesn't make contact but even at an ultra quiet fan speed my top card doesn't hit 80*C.

You'd probably have to limit the fan speed to  25% while under load to reach 80c. It's a pretty effective cooler. I'm not exactly sure why, but it is.

i5 2500k@4.2GHZ       / Hyper 212 Evo     / GTX 970 (EVGA) 1410Mhz core     / GTX 970 (EVGA) 1410Mhz core      / ASROCK z77 extreme 4 / Seasonic X series 1050w     / Azza Spartan case       / 2x4GB Kingston 1600mhz      / Toshiba Crucial 256 SSD     / Hitachi 3tb storage drive    / Hitachi 1tb storage drive / WD My Passport 1tb storage drive       / Corsair K90 Keyboard      / Corsair M65 FPS mouse      / Asus vw246h 24" monitor       / Asus vs247h-p 23" monitor.

No not defective. They perform quite well. Just everyone over exaggerating. The FTW EVGA 970s do have a different design with 5 heat pipes however. 

My wife's rig has the evga sc acx 970 and I just got my backplate in to. I am pretty sure it didn't come with one because evga didn't expect everyone to want one and decided to throw them in free which I am glad they did. Her evga OCs better than either of my sli G1s. I don't remember off the top of my head but it's 1900+ memory and 1520+ core and the fans stay silent and the card is below 65c on all benchmarks. I love this card, I didn't want to buy it because of the bad user reviews but it was the only one in stock other than zotac and I think zotac cards are ugly so I went with evga. I am super happy with it and the backplate is sexy!

My wife's rig has the evga sc acx 970 and I just got my backplate in to. I am pretty sure it didn't come with one because evga didn't expect everyone to want one and decided to throw them in free which I am glad they did. Her evga OCs better than either of my sli G1s. I don't remember off the top of my head but it's 1900+ memory and 1520+ core and the fans stay silent and the card is below 65c on all benchmarks. I love this card, I didn't want to buy it because of the bad user reviews but it was the only one in stock other than zotac and I think zotac cards are ugly so I went with evga. I am super happy with it and the backplate is sexy!

You got bad G1's :P

How much could you overclock one of your G1's? I want to know, mine gets to 1530 and stays there. I thought the G1 970 was meant to OC like a beast, maybe I got a dud card :(

You got bad G1's :P

How much could you overclock one of your G1's? I want to know, mine gets to 1530 and stays there. I thought the G1 970 was meant to OC like a beast, maybe I got a dud card :(

My G1s will run all benchmarks at insane clock speeds but as soon as I play a decent game it freezes up. I can bench at 1560 core and 2000 memory. But my 24x7 clocks for all games is 1470 core and 1900 memory. I can't complain I have two G1 cards that destroys everything I've had two of...to include 780s, 670s, titans, 680s, 760s, 290Xs, and 280Xs.

Too bad I can only get one free backplate, as I am buying my second card Next month :(

Welp

My G1s will run all benchmarks at insane clock speeds but as soon as I play a decent game it freezes up. I can bench at 1560 core and 2000 memory. But my 24x7 clocks for all games is 1470 core and 1900 memory. I can't complain I have two G1 cards that destroys everything I've had two of...to include 780s, 670s, titans, 680s, 760s, 290Xs, and 280Xs.

That also happens to me! With the stock boost clock usually goes down to 1350 instead the 1367, in Titanfall with 45-55% GPU usage. That's weird.

The OC that I can use 24/7 is 1516Mhz Boost and 1900Mhz memory with stock votalge. If I want stock power limit I leave stock memory speeds and the clock at 1493-1500Mhz

I thought these cards would OC more /:

Gaming stable on my Windforce OCs - 1515 Core, 2053 Memory:

LkcoFMb.png

I got the best batch of Vram <3

Linus is my fetish.

I can game at that clock speed to, on certain games. That doesn't make it 100% stable on ALL games though. I have almost 100 games from the last 3 years and some will crash like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter but the Sims 4 and Watch Dogs wont crash at all. It's per game and benchmark. What were you playing to where the clock speeds did not fluctuate even once?

I can game at that clock speed to, on certain games. That doesn't make it 100% stable on ALL games though. I have almost 100 games from the last 3 years and some will crash like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter but the Sims 4 and Watch Dogs wont crash at all. It's per game and benchmark. What were you playing to where the clock speeds did not fluctuate even once?

I'm going to test it, so far in Titanfall and Crysis 2 the clockspeed fluctuate. I'm seeing a 50% GPU usage (In Titanfall) and i'm scared of it, I have an i5 4570, so i'm pretty sure that there's no bottleneck. I'm going to reinstall the drivers.

It's weird that I get a solid 1516Mhz core clock in Heaven and 3DMark Firestrike but the card goes down even at stock in Titanfall.

If it goes down at stock on Titanfall thats probably a game or driver issue. I know when I got the newest .48 drivers alien isolation basically was unplayable because it would freeze during load screens. I am back on .16.

If it goes down at stock on Titanfall thats probably a game or driver issue. I know when I got the newest .48 drivers alien isolation basically was unplayable because it would freeze during load screens. I am back on .16.

Weird... I don't know if I shpuld roll back to .16 The "downclock" thing is weird too. The GPU hits 70° and underclocks by 20Mhz even at stock

I have Titanfall and it certainly doesnt do that. What is your build? I recommend rolling the drivers back and uninstalling MSI afterburner. Try to start completely fresh and see what your card does.

I have Titanfall and it certainly doesnt do that. What is your build? I recommend rolling the drivers back and uninstalling MSI afterburner. Try to start completely fresh and see what your card does.

Core i5 4570 (maybe i'm bottlenecking)

Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2x4GB)

Cooler Master V550 80+ Gold PSU (I don't think that the PSU is faulty).

Well, I will roll back the drivers then. What drivers do you recommend me

Hey man, even with the 344.16 driver the clockspeed underclocks to 1354Mhz instead of the stock boost 1367. Should I RMA it?