Hamachi

Mikealongo
Go to solution Solved by FluffiestPond,

It was easy enough for me to play with my friends by using hamachi but im worried about the risks, i dont want that they can get my paswords or private files or something like that

I've been using Hamachi for years and as of yet I've had no security issues. However I don't allow people I don't know onto the Network just to be safe. All they could possibly access is your unprotected shared documents, but nothing gets stored in them automatically so you should be safe.

Hi, I write because recently I started to use Hamachi to play some games with friends and I want to know if there is any kind of risk or if they can access my computer somehow
Sorry my bad English , but not my mother tongue.

Well Hamachi establishes a LAN network connection over the internet. This means if you have unsecured shared folders, they COULD access those.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

You're better off using Evolve, it's not as restricted as Hamachi and makes gaming with your friends easier.

You're better off using Evolve, it's not as restricted as Hamachi and makes gaming with your friends easier.

I've never had trouble with Hamachi, it keeps it simple enough. Just join a network and use the IP adress listed, done. No extra guff

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

You can also use Game Ranger to play games with others.  I am not sure of any security risks involved using it.  If anyone cares to chime in and share info. please go ahead.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Hamachi is a terrible program with security issues. I always recommend against it

It was easy enough for me to play with my friends by using hamachi but im worried about the risks, i dont want that they can get my paswords or private files or something like that

I've been using Hamachi for years and as of yet I've had no security issues. However I don't allow people I don't know onto the Network just to be safe. All they could possibly access is your unprotected shared documents, but nothing gets stored in them automatically so you should be safe.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat