CPU getting too hot

Guys the answer is messed up, waterblock was kinda not that efficient and the pump is also the reason so i got the waterblock and ran my stress test with both my gpu's and cpu at 100% and this time cpu didnt cross over 85 at the max the old one used to cross over 100 so this one is kinda good but pump is also responsible right now i don't have that much money with me but normal gaming temps are below 60 so for now it's good and when i get the money i will buy the d5. any suggestions on the pump? i want the highest flow rate motherfaka in the world :P

Have you checked the cpu temps in HWmonitor? maybe it is reading the temps incorrectly 

You tested your CPU on AIR before watercooling? Because these 4770K are pretty fucked up (because of that shit under IHS) and can have very high temperatures.

Also, what do you stress with? If you use FPU stressing then DON'T do it. I am on waterloop myself, same CPU 4,1GHz 1,24V and when stressing only CPU (I am using AIDA) it is around 50-55 degrees, when I start CPU+FPU it jump to 80 degress like nothing.

i used aida too and yeah i was using all 3 cpu tests the fpu, cache and the normal one

Have you checked the cpu temps in HWmonitor? maybe it is reading the temps incorrectly 

nah i have hwinfo, msi afterburner and coretemp

You tested your CPU on AIR before watercooling? Because these 4770K are pretty fucked up (because of that shit under IHS) and can have very high temperatures.

Also, what do you stress with? If you use FPU stressing then DON'T do it. I am on waterloop myself, same CPU 4,1GHz 1,24V and when stressing only CPU (I am using AIDA) it is around 50-55 degrees, when I start CPU+FPU it jump to 80 degress like nothing.

yeah tested it i had noctua nh-d14 and the temps never crossed over 70

That isn't how pressure works.. Water is an incompressible. this means that if there is flow to the GPU then there has to be flow to the CPU. It's a closed system, mass in has to equal mass out. So the mass flow rate of water into the gpu block is the same as into the CPU block.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/conservation-mass-d_182.html

Source: Mechanical Engineer

Even thought my justification was incorect and anaible to explain why it was the pump i still found the correct answer that was the pump :D

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

side note: it really doesn't matter what part of the loop is cooled first as it is a closed system and with a decent flow rate the water will be almost equally hot throughout the entire system.

Welp

So how is it going now?

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

it is okay, i am getting 70 max on bf4. i don't have money right now as in am a student :P so once i get money i will get this http://www.scan.co.uk/products/alphacool-repack-dual-laing-d5-dual-525-bay-station with 2 d5's in there :P

Ah okay good to hear

Why would you go for dual d5's in stead of a single 655?

more flow rate will keep the temp down, i don't want to risk with one d5 cause i am facing little temp issues now with dcp 4.0 which has 800l/h rate a d5 has 1500 dual d5's 3000l/h, plus i have dual r9 290x which are mother of hot cards

more flow rate will keep the temp down, i don't want to risk with one d5 cause i am facing little temp issues now with dcp 4.0 which has 800l/h rate a d5 has 1500 dual d5's 3000l/h, plus i have dual r9 290x which are mother of hot cards

I don't think it works like that... That would mean the 2nd D5 would have 3000l/h running though it, given that logic. You'll still only be getting 1500l/h. You will get extra pressure and the redundancy though.

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

You won't need 2 d5 pumps to cool that system as you say it will just make the water flow faster that's all if you want lower temps either more radiator space or higher speed fans

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

You won't need 2 d5 pumps to cool that system as you say it will just make the water flow faster that's all if you want lower temps either more radiator space or higher speed fans

dude have you even read this forum? i have two rads one 240mm with 45mm thickness and one 280 mm rad with 60mm thickness and they both have silverstone air penetrators running at full speed. its the pump bud

dude have you even read this forum? i have two rads one 240mm with 45mm thickness and one 280 mm rad with 60mm thickness and they both have silverstone air penetrators running at full speed. its the pump bud

I think you might overvalue the rad surface mate.

Back to the pumps now.

Flow rate doesn't stack up. multiple pumps will just get you redundancy and pressure.  Get a better pump in stead of 2 lesser ones.

Welp

I think you might overvalue the rad surface mate.

Back to the pumps now.

Flow rate doesn't stack up. multiple pumps will just get you redundancy and pressure.  Get a better pump in stead of 2 lesser ones.

the pump you said i d5 right? and the one i am getting is also d5 what's the difference?

the pump you said i d5 right? and the one i am getting is also d5 what's the difference?

my suggestion was an mcp 655..

Welp

considering I think i was the first person who said it was your pump so i think i have been reading these forums. Also i have a custom loop myself and i did have a lower end pump and i know that a better pump will get you better temps. If you think you really need 2 D5 pumps you should google Laing D5 pump performance. The D5 pump is THE BEST pump you can get out of all the pumps out there for water cooling

Now with the D5 pumps there is a lot of brands who use the D5 pump with other names for example Swiftech call it MCP655 and Alphacool call it VPP655 as long as it is a Vario D5 pump you are all good

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

considering I think i was the first person who said it was your pump so i think i have been reading these forums. Also i have a custom loop myself and i did have a lower end pump and i know that a better pump will get you better temps. If you think you really need 2 D5 pumps you should google Laing D5 pump performance. The D5 pump is THE BEST pump you can get out of all the pumps out there for water cooling

Now with the D5 pumps there is a lot of brands who use the D5 pump with other names for example Swiftech call it MCP655 and Alphacool call it VPP655 as long as it is a Vario D5 pump you are all good

yeah i know it might be too much but i don't want to risk my money again cause i am running two most hottest cards in the world and my cpu i74770k, i think it would be okay to spend a little more to be perfectly sure than regret later. what do you say?

You say thermal paste is good;

Check if the pump is on.

Check if there are Air bubbles in the water.

Check your radiators and fans, how big are they (My question mark key is broken)

What water did you use (Pleeaaasse don't use tap water, use a professional solution or distilled water)

And check your CPU block. How come there is such a high difference in temps between Core 0 and Core 3

You say thermal paste is good;

Check if the pump is on.

Check if there are Air bubbles in the water.

Check your radiators and fans, how big are they (My question mark key is broken)

What water did you use (Pleeaaasse don't use tap water, use a professional solution or distilled water)

And check your CPU block. How come there is such a high difference in temps between Core 0 and Core 3

yeah bud the pump is definitely on, there are no air bubbles i bled the air out pro[erl;y, i used distilled water and i have two rads one 240mm and another 280mm with thickness of 45mm and 60mm and have 2 air penetrators on each rad and i changed my cpu block now the temps kinda low but still its high so the pump is no powerful enough

yeah i know it might be too much but i don't want to risk my money again cause i am running two most hottest cards in the world and my cpu i74770k, i think it would be okay to spend a little more to be perfectly sure than regret later. what do you say?

the R9 290x isnt the hottest card they just have a higher temperature limit. with the video card as the block is a direct to die cooler compared to the CPU which has a heat spreader which helps spread the heat. i am currently running a R9 290 which had the reference cooler which throttles at 95c but as soon as i put a waterblock on the card i dont even get temps above 53c

Spoiler

• 2 months later...

So anything new ?

Love your rig! Hope you get the temp issue fixed. That rig looks awesome! Kinda makes me wish I got a Air540.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]