Is anyone still playing Battlefield 4 ?

kizoku_95

Is anyone still playing BF4 ??

I have the game. I don't play it very often though, because I have to run it on low with my graphics card. However I switch from Bad Company 2 to Battlefield 3 like everyother week. Both are good games. 

So would you guys recommend bf4 to anyone?

It really depends. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has a say GTX 670 or less. I run it on low and the game looks like shit, that is because im running it on low. I prefer my games to run on high that is why i still play bad company 2 and bf3. Essentially BF4 is BF3 with commander mode and in game VOIP. So if you have BF3 I would recommend sticking with that unless you are absolutely bored of the maps, then i suppose go to bf4. Although it is premium to get those expansions, if you don't want to pay alot of money and want something different than than bf3 then i'd go bad company 2. 

It really depends. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has a say GTX 670 or less. I run it on low and the game looks like shit, that is because im running it on low. I prefer my games to run on high that is why i still play bad company 2 and bf3. Essentially BF4 is BF3 with commander mode and in game VOIP. So if you have BF3 I would recommend sticking with that unless you are absolutely bored of the maps, then i suppose go to bf4. Although it is premium to get those expansions, if you don't want to pay alot of money and want something different than than bf3 then i'd go bad company 2.

What card and processor do you have. I run it on a 4790k at stock clocks and a 660ti FTW. On a high preset I get over 80 at all times online in Bf4.

Trust me I have been playing bc2 since its launch and still it's very good. More like it is one of the best perfectly balanced games. There are lots of servers and I still have fun playing to be honest. But I wanted to try something new like bf4 but I have heard so much dislike which has made me skeptical. It's truly sad that such a decent and solid title (battlefield) has gone sideways...

Trust me I have been playing bc2 since its launch and still it's very good. More like it is one of the best perfectly balanced games. There are lots of servers and I still have fun playing to be honest. But I wanted to try something new like bf4 but I have heard so much dislike which has made me skeptical. It's truly sad that such a decent and solid title (battlefield) has gone sideways...

Well I would wait for the premium edition of BF4 to comeout that way you get everything all at once. I believe that somewhere I read that a group of hardcore modders/hackers have created mod tools for bf3, do not quote me on this but if this is true than bf3 could become a different game all together. Though EA will shut them down eventually just like Activision did with FourDeltaOne for Modern Warfare 2. Also A classic mode for BF4 has been released or will be released soon, classic mode goes back to basics with no regenerating health and different spotting, so it is a bit more cooperative. 

If you're simply bored of BF I'd recommend checking out a game called Insurgency on Steam. I have almost 200 hours on this game and is a great mix of rainbow six, red orchestra with battlefield game modes. 

or simply wait for this......

What card and processor do you have. I run it on a 4790k at stock clocks and a 660ti FTW. On a high preset I get over 80 at all times online in Bf4.

I have a GTX 560 with a intel Core i5 

Well I would wait for the premium edition of BF4 to comeout that way you get everything all at once. I believe that somewhere I read that a group of hardcore modders/hackers have created mod tools for bf3, do not quote me on this but if this is true than bf3 could become a different game all together. Though EA will shut them down eventually just like Activision did with FourDeltaOne for Modern Warfare 2. Also A classic mode for BF4 has been released or will be released soon, classic mode goes back to basics with no regenerating health and different spotting, so it is a bit more cooperative.

If you're simply bored of BF I'd recommend checking out a game called Insurgency on Steam. I have almost 200 hours on this game and is a great mix of rainbow six, red orchestra with battlefield game modes.

or simply wait for this......

I have a GTX 560 with a intel Core i5

Nice suggestions. Thank you. I guess I'll just wait for new games to come out alright.

Nice suggestions. Thank you. I guess I'll just wait for new games to come out alright.

Don't let me scare you away from buying BF4. It has the spirit underneath, I think DICE just tried too hard by adding too much custimization and other junk. Also Rush game mode isn't really good on some of the maps in BF4. I mean if you have money to blow just to blow then buy BF4. Or wait until it goes on sale or something, I remember BF3 went on sale a bunch of times during the last two expansions. 

Oh yea and Insurgency is like 15 US dollars on steam, and is updated for free on steam. The developers release new content like every two months. Great game, even read the steam reviews. 

Yeah, I have noticed it emptying out quite a bit lately.

Time to get a console then.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Don't let me scare you away from buying BF4. It has the spirit underneath, I think DICE just tried too hard by adding too much custimization and other junk. Also Rush game mode isn't really good on some of the maps in BF4. I mean if you have money to blow just to blow then buy BF4. Or wait until it goes on sale or something, I remember BF3 went on sale a bunch of times during the last two expansions.

Oh yea and Insurgency is like 15 US dollars on steam, and is updated for free on steam. The developers release new content like every two months. Great game, even read the steam reviews.

Well you not scaring me. I just don't feel like getting into a tainted and dramatic pond but rather play something new and refreshing.

Time to get a console then.

I dont think I am quite ready for that...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah, I play regularly, the servers I play on are pretty much always full unless its early morning (2 - 6 am), when you go to the server browser load all the the servers on the list and try tweaking your search filters

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Depends. BF4 still has a lot of issues but most of them is the link between servers and clients I guess.

The 'netcode' is also still a huge problem but that also depends. Like, when the server is freshly restarted and there aren't more than 32 players on it the 'netcode' works awesome most times. If the server is running quite several hours it's really hard to deal with from time to time. Bullets aren't registered, even shots aren't registered.

I've played a lot CTE last time and it feels more fresh to me which - in my opinion - depends on the servers also most times.

After the last server patch it seems to happen that the servers need to do more work (30 Hz tick rate now). But also the bullet registering system in Battlefield 4 is kinda strange, like, it doesn't count every bullet on it's own, sometimes it "collects" them what causes those one shot or insta kills.

So when I have a good day and I'm happy with me and the world, I still play Battlefield 4 and I got to admit that I'm kinda pleased with the upcoming DLC maps! They feel like Battlefield to me again! CTE players got to play them for a little time.

Also DICE is making a good try with CTE and testing out stuff before putting that to the core game. There are changes that I like, there are changes that I don't like but tbh there aren't many games I can play with my friends online so... yeah. Stuck to BF4 in fact that there aren't that much BF3 servers in Germany anymore that are worth playing on it.

And when I have a really good day and my team isn't the noobiest at all I can flank enemies like back in BF3. And when I drink too much I record that, cut out my deaths and add old Counter Strike server sounds on top and that's where it leads to:

“For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.” 
― Barack Obama

Tech:

Daily Driver: MacBook Pro 15" TB (mid-2018), Intel Core i7-8850H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 512 GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 560XWeight lifting: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz SK Hynix, Nvidia GTX 1070 on 15" 1080p TN Gsync 120Hz, Intel Pro 7600p PCIe NVMe 256 GB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 15" 1920x1080 TN Gsync 120Hz, Windows 10 Pro, Fedora 30, K.L, P.OS. The Home Panel: Samsung C34H892, 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440p, VA, 60Hz.

Tumblr - Riot-Company, CA

I dip in and out occasionally, depends how frustrated I get. just picked up payday 2 on steam sale so that gets most of my attention now.

I've stuck through since it was release, I know it sucked, and I can say it is in much better state then it was when it was a few months ago.

i5 3570k @ 4.9 ghz/1.27 volts, Asus P8Z77-V LK8 Gb Corsair 1600mhzGigabyte Windforce R9 290 1140/1625, Silverstone RV02, Kingston V300 120 gb, 1 TB WD Blue HDD,Seagate barracuda, Evga Supernova 750 G2Hyper 212 EvoWindows 8.1, K70 Red LED Blue switch, Razer Deathadder 2012, Sennehiser HD 598

i play bf3 a lot, until il get my WoW subscription again.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I'm playing battlefield 4 quite often. It's much nicer to play since they released the patch :)

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Time to time, yes but that's only because I can't run BF3 because of f*kn battlelog :/ 

Ive played BF4 a few times when they have that free play deal but i think I honestly prefer BF3. I play that one the most. 

Yes, I play it almost daily, It's my favorite game from the last year for sure.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Just played a game of it on a rush server. Complete cluster f@"k has its good points but I have come to hate snipers

Nope.

• I hate using Origin.
  • I hate having to install a browser plug-in to access the game.
  • I hate the load times.
  • I hate the shitty latency.
  • I hate the game.
  • EA Sucks.

Nope.

• I hate using Origin.
  • I hate having to install a browser plug-in to access the game.
  • I hate the load times.
  • I hate the shitty latency.
  • I hate the game.
  • EA Sucks.
Are they still requiring the browser to be able to play? Awwe man..

After the fall patch I finally decided to purchase my first DLC from them.  Prior to that I was flipping them the bird virtually for putting out such a dogshit game.  As of now the game is playable to a point where I can justify the purchase.