variable FPS is far too noticable

HumbleRumble

even if my fram rates are above 40 or 50, fluctuations of 5 frames from say 55-50 just look so clunky and jittery. its worse than just keeping at 30fps at all times and not have it fluctuate. and since this is pretty much unavoidable without some high powered and cost machine does this not bother anyone else or do you generally not notice

g-sync or when its out free-sync

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

g-sync or when its out free-sync

or lower settings  and put a 59fps feramerate ap

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

humm. I think the problem might be screen tearing. I cannot beleave you see that much of a difference from 50 to 55 with just a small random drop. its so small it becomes insignificant

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

When you are playing at 55fps your monitor is showing you 30. You will not see the 55fps unless you have an nvidia GPU with a gsync monitor.

The reason it is so stuttery is because the game is playing at 55fps but the monitor only gets 30fps and some of those are going to be duplicate frames because 55fps is less than your monitors refresh rate.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

humm. I think the problem might be screen tearing. I cannot beleave you see that much of a difference from 50 to 55 with just a small random drop. its so small it becomes insignificant

the difference itself isn't that big, but the actual drop causes a noticeable stutter. 

When you are playing at 55fps your monitor is showing you 30. You will not see the 55fps unless you have an nvidia GPU with a gsync monitor.

The reason it is so stuttery is because the game is playing at 55fps but the monitor only gets 30fps and some of those are going to be duplicate frames because 55fps is less than your monitors refresh rate.

Where does he say is monitor is only 30fps? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

the difference itself isn't that big, but the actual drop causes a noticeable stutter. 

Where does he say is monitor is only 30fps? 

you got it

Actually a frame will play twice. Or 1.5 times.

Nvidias has a pretty nice explanation of how normal monitors work on there Website.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/videos#

But the way g sync was pull off doomed it from the start to never really catch on.

With the 150$ FPGAs Nvidia loaded into the Monitors rather than make Asics.

And the whole closed standard thing.

It's still a cool idea / technology though

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Except it's only FPGA's NOW and ASICS later.  It's always this way.  With FPGA's you can always reprogram the chip rather than push out new silicone to fix something.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Actually a frame will play twice. Or 1.5 times.

Nvidias has a pretty nice explanation of how normal monitors work on there Website.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/videos#

But the way g sync was pull off doomed it from the start to never really catch on.

It's still a cool idea / technology though

Oh I made a mistake, it only drops to 30fps when vsync is on.

In the later part of my post I mentioned how the monitor would display duplicate frames, which is basically the stuttering :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Except it's only FPGA's NOW and ASICS later. It's always this way. With FPGA's you can always reprogram the chip rather than push out new silicone to fix something.

Well polished technology should never ship on a FPGA anyway, But G sync was rushed a Lot so that was the result.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China