AOC G2460PQU, any good?

leelaa14

So i was looking for a 144hz monitor to go with my gtx 980, i was planning on getting an asus vg something (lol) but i found this for just under £200, so it's a saving of £60. Anyone got one of these or had any experience with one?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

So i was looking for a 144hz monitor to go with my gtx 980, i was planning on getting an asus vg something (lol) but i found this for just under £200, so it's a saving of £60. Anyone got one of these or had any experience with one?

Can you wait until CES? 

There will be a monitor explosion! 

You will have more choices to choose from. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Can you wait until CES? 

There will be a monitor explosion! 

You will have more choices to choose from. 

Well i wont be getting it until around December. I have £200-£250 to spend. when is ces?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Its a good monitor however thr stand is mediocre. Try get a xl711 or watever z thingy from benq. Thats value for money.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Well i wont be getting it until around December. I have £200-£250 to spend. when is ces?

CES is in Jan, when all the manufacturers bring out their new stuff, so I would wait, and get it in Feb. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

The AOC G2460FQ uses the exact same panel as the PQU however the FQ's stand provides less mobility and is missing the usb hub. It is also £30 cheaper. The G2460PQU recieved a "smart buy" award from Tom's Hardware, if that means anything to you. I'm Recieving the G2460FQ tomorrow, so ill try and remember to post my first thoughts on the monitor.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X