Nvidia Titan-Z prices cut down again (and even more)

Carde

It seems that some people woke up at last and realized that the Titan-Z was way to expensive for what it offered. With prices being cut down to 1100 British Pounds, or 1500 Euros. Overclockers UK however dropped them even more for a bit as low as 899 British Pounds.

Looking at these price at 899 I think that is a price that could make some sense, specially if you need the features of a titan, but I still would not consider it a price worthy to buy for gaming. Also it might just be an indication of stock needing to be sold before the number II arrives on the scene.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/nvidia-titan-z-prices-continue-to-drop/

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

It seems that some people woke up at last and realized that the Titan-Z was way to expensive for what it offered. With prices being cut down to 1100 British Pounds, or 1500 Euros. Overclockers UK however dropped them even more for a bit as low as 899 British Pounds.

Looking at these price at 899 I think that is a price that could make some sense, specially if you need the features of a titan, but I still would not consider it a price worthy to buy for gaming. Also it might just be an indication of stock needing to be sold before the number II arrives on the scene.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/nvidia-titan-z-prices-continue-to-drop/

I already featured this in the HOT DEALS section!

There was 1 in stock and it has been sold lol

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

wow. this card is actually worth the price now.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

great for an itx build.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

great for an itx build.

It is a 3 slot card though

great for an itx build.

Assuming the case is triple slot ;P

@Carde ninja'd me!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I already featured this in the HOT DEALS section!

There was 1 in stock and it has been sold lol

I bet, they sold fast.

Still overpriced as all hell. Two oc'd 980's would smoke the Titan Z for 400$ less.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Still overpriced as all hell. Two oc'd 980's would smoke the Titan Z for 400$ less.

In general yes, but that memory bus never sits well with me on the 970/980 no matter what is said and done.

Still it is now actually cheaper than 2 separate titan blacks (at least here it is)

And iirc the still cheaper 295x beats it.

But they would not have the compute/rendering performance

for a creative pro/gamer (like me doing photo/video editing, etc and gaming) it makes sense, you can fit it in a small PC

it can be a monster gaming card, and also means you dont need a quadro or firepro for professional work

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

great for an itx build.

I really want to know what world exists where 3-slot mITX cases are more common than mITX cases with a 120mm radiator mount.

for a creative pro/gamer (like me doing photo/video editing, etc and gaming) it makes sense, you can fit it in a small PC

it can be a monster gaming card, and also means you dont need a quadro or firepro for professional work

No, you can fit in in an mATX case... which can also fit two separate cards.

And that is exactly the market for these cards, people who need a mix of both worlds without paying a fortune on those quadro and firepro cards.

Hence I still don't think it is the card to get for a gamer. (though it takes an OC 980 to beat my original OC Titan)

custom coolers bros

but seriously i didnt know it was 3 slots wtf.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

And that is exactly the market for these cards, people who need a mix of both worlds without paying a fortune on those quadro and firepro cards.

Hence I still don't think it is the card to get for a gamer. (though it takes an OC 980 to beat my original OC Titan)

Yeah it would suit me perfectly but I will have to make do with my 780ti for now... I am looking to the future soon, but I need to finisher other projects first

I really want to know what world exists where 3-slot mITX cases are more common than mITX cases with a 120mm radiator mount.

No, you can fit in in an mATX case... which can also fit two separate cards.

EVGA does make a dual slot Titan-Z

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

custom coolers bros

but seriously i didnt know it was 3 slots wtf.

There are none of those. You'd need a water block and to cut off the third bracket.

EDIT: Okay, there is one. I did forget about that.

Yea theres no denying that it is fairly priced from a workstation perspective in mind. Really good 2 in 1 compact card for someone such as yourself however if you are looking for a card purely for gaming then its still too much.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Yea theres no denying that it is fairly priced from a workstation perspective in mind. Really good 2 in 1 compact card for someone such as yourself however if you are looking for a card purely for gaming then its still too much.

Agreed, but thats like saying "that ferrari is a bit much just to drive to work in, buy a ford focus instead"... 

Too much is subjective, I agree from a pure gamer standpoint its expensive, but many enthusiasts do more than just gaming

and now we wait for the R9 295X2 to be cut to half of this  :P

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

and now we wait for the R9 295X2 to be cut to half of this  :P

It is already darn close.

Here 295x is about 900 Euro

Titan-Z is about 1500 Euro

Conversion to USD?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Conversion to USD?

1100 Pounds = 1765.23 USD

899 Pounds = 1442.73 USD

Note: Conversions are accurate at the time of this post.

Mayonnaise is an instrument!  

Current Build - Ryzen 7 3800x (eco mode enabled), MSI B550M MAG Mortar, G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2x16) 3200 14-14-14-34, EVGA 2060 KO Ultra, EVGA G2 550W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx

Agreed, but thats like saying "that ferrari is a bit much just to drive to work in, buy a ford focus instead"... 

Too much is subjective, I agree from a pure gamer standpoint its expensive, but many enthusiasts do more than just gaming

If I had a custom workstation I would be all over the price cut Titan Z.

At 899 it's essentially as good a bargain as the Mac Pro's Dual D700's, but with all the advantages of being a card you can move about, great CUDA performance, great, OpenGL, great Direct X, and even very good OpenCL.

It's really a best of both world's card as you state , and at that price you'd be silly to pick up a Quadro or FirePro unless you needed it for it's ECC memory, or application specific features like in SolidWorks.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

1100 Pounds = 1765.23 USD

899 Pounds = 1442.73 USD

Note: Conversions are accurate at the time of this post.

Woah thats actually pretty good.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB