GTX 970 vs. GTX 780ti

Go to solution Solved by Napper198,

Ok, thanks everyone. I made up my mind.

It's going to be the GTX 970 then.

The Gigabyte G1 looks like a great option and still is within the budget but I was never a fan of Gigabyte's cooler-design + it looks like Asus done a better job with coil whine (2nd video) which I'm sensitive to.

So GTX 970 Strix it is.

Thanks again to everyone who participated.

Hey guys I hope you can help me a little bit with my decision,

Profile: mostly 1080p gaming with a bit of Photoshop computing (filters and video rendering).

Budget: up to 350€

So the two cards I'm looking at right now are the Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II (non OC) and the Asus GeForce GTX 970 STRIX OC Edition

The 780ti comes with free Boarderlands Pre-Sequel (39,99€ on Steam right now) and free shipping (if I order today).

The 970 has the newer technology and shipping is free, if I order between 12 and 6 am anyway.

Benchmarks seem to pretty much call them both a draw. One is a little bit better in this game but the other one is a little better in that game

Either card is meant to be sold for the next presumably 1000 series.

So yeah I'm stuck. Anything I'm missing? Ideas? Other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

If you are leaving both at the clock speeds that they come at out of the box, then 780 Ti will be better.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

It would be better if you get the G1 970. It's one of the best 970's in the market because of it's OC potential. A lot of people hit 1550-1600Mhz easily, and at that speed you can match or even outperform a 780Ti, but it depends on the extra price of the G1 970.

970, because of the new features, temperatures and OC'ing.

970 because of the new technology. Don't think of the 1000Series now it's too far at present day

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

Ok, thanks everyone. I made up my mind.

It's going to be the GTX 970 then.

The Gigabyte G1 looks like a great option and still is within the budget but I was never a fan of Gigabyte's cooler-design + it looks like Asus done a better job with coil whine (2nd video) which I'm sensitive to.

So GTX 970 Strix it is.

Thanks again to everyone who participated.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.