How to install ANY OS using your Android Device! =ROOT=

XTankSlayerX

A week ago I had to reinstall windows. I couldn't find a USB Stick large enough (4GB)  so I did some google searching and stumbled across this.

=ROOT REQUIRED=

Ill give a quick guide on how I rooted my SHIELD Tablet.

1. Download and install Towelroot. Works on the Nvidia Shield Tablet just fine.

2. Tap 'make it ra1n'

3. If your device didn't reboot, you should be rooted!

=INSTALLING DRIVEDROID=

This is the app youll use to emulate a bootable drive or make your own bootable .IMG file.

1. Download DriveDroid.

2. Open DriveDroid,

3. If prompted for USB Setup wizard, press setup.

4. Follow setup wizard. Ill goes well you should get to here.

14910968844_f81d4edda0_z.jpg

Scroll down and tap close wizard.

Okay, lets create a blank image.

Press the + Sign > Create new blank image.

15529059911_c2e09d62b0_z.jpg

Now name your bootable img what ever you want. Choose a size, keep in mind you can only god up to 3999MB.

15508061526_c3f6ea6566_z.jpg

Tap create and then head on over to your PC!

=INSTALL RUFUS=

1. Download and install Rufus

2. Once your done, connect your device, make sure it has the blank IMG selected and make sure its being hosted as writable.

3. Open Rufus, your device should be detected as a USB Drive.

4. Now click the icon to the right of FreeDOS, Search and open your ISO.

5. It should start making the bootable drive. Don't unplug your device until its done.

6. Once its done unplug your device. You're ready to install your new OS!

Rufus interface:

4c9b70af20.png

Before installing your new OS unplug any hard drives that isn't the one your wanting to install your OS to. This prevents any problems (From experience)

=INSTALLING YOUR NEW OS=

1. Open your boot menu, your android device should show up as LINUX File. Something around those lines, click on that.

2. You should be booted into the Windows install. It should be smooth sailing from here to the desktop! Don't unplug your device until your done!

If you have any problems, post them below. Ill do my best to try to help :)

:o how buggy is it?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

When I see the word Andriod, I am reminded of a DetroitBORG video where a commenter spelled Android incorrectly.

But fantastic, I will have to try this sooner or later.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

:o how buggy is it?

After I knew what to do it was as buggy as using a normal USB Drive :)

When I see the word Andriod, I am reminded of a DetroitBORG video where a commenter spelled Android incorrectly.

But fantastic, I will have to try this sooner or later.

Fixed the spelling mistakes :P

After I knew what to do it was as buggy as using a normal USB Drive :)

wait this isnt how to install windows on your android device?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Nope.

How to install any OS on PC Hardware using your Android Device as a normal USB Drive :)

I figured that out

:)?

I figured out that this is just how to make it a usb drive for booting windows

the irony.. I need to use this now :/

lol I read the title and I was like why the hell would you install Windows on an android native device... that would SUCK just to let u know.

Trying to understand after lurking why you would even want to do this on android.

Trying to understand after lurking why you would even want to do this on android.

ya, you could corrupt if ur a noob