Best Monitor for Money (Gaming)

Don't know that much about monitors but this is what I want with gaming in mind:

1080 - 1440 (don't know about 1440, only have gtx 760, but I cud game with lower res)

60+hz

below 8 ms response time

24 inch (can be a little more or less)

preferably IPS (im not a professional gamer) but TN is fine as long as it doesn't sacrifice color too much.

under 300-400 USD

looking for something with good value for money

been looking at Asus VG248QE but heard a few bad things about it. anyway that's the kind of thing im looking for.

thanks

Don't think you are going to find a 1ms response time ips panel. They don't exist to my knowledge. The vg248qe is probably your best bet. But instead of going for refresh rate think about getting a lg29um65. Nothing comes close to the gaming experience of an ultra wide. They just make games better, at least for me. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Just get a 1080p 144hz monitor. 1080p's good enough for gaming.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

that monitor seems good. I play intensive games (bf4, titanfall, etc) on ultra, but im a relatively casual gamer. will  I care about 5 ms response time? will I even notice the difference between 5 and 1?

Don't think you are going to find a 1ms response time ips panel. They don't exist to my knowledge. The vg248qe is probably your best bet. But instead of going for refresh rate think about getting a lg29um65. Nothing comes close to the gaming experience of an ultra wide. They just make games better, at least for me. 

Just get a 1080p 144hz monitor. 1080p's good enough for gaming.

I pretty much agree, any suggestions that are good for money?

that monitor seems good. I play intensive games (bf4, titanfall, etc) on ultra, but im a relatively casual gamer. will  I care about 5 ms response time? will I even notice the difference between 5 and 1?

Na, I notice only the tiniest bit of inputlag when I really focus on it but nothing that will effect you as a gamer, 2560x1080 is also a lot less intensive over a 1440p or 144hz 1080p monitor. If you have a best buy around I suggest trying it out, if you don't think it's worth it you can just return it and say you didn't like it.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Just thought I'd point out something. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Na, I notice only the tiniest bit of inputlag when I really focus on it but nothing that will effect you as a gamer, 2560x1080 is also a lot less intensive over a 1440p or 144hz 1080p monitor. If you have a best buy around I suggest trying it out, if you don't think it's worth it you can just return it and say you didn't like it.

Thanks for the help, I def will try that it looks great