AOC U3477PQU Review [Big pictures]

Volbet

Thanks for the heads up. I'll edit it into the OP.

For some reason I still can't find it in Europe or North America. But I'll keep looking.

eeer i miss read it pc case has pre order too  ETA 20/10

Its all about those volumetric clouds

eeer i miss read it pc case has pre order too  ETA 20/10

It's still up for purchase. That is still more than you can say about the stores in Europe and North America.

So, it doesn't really matter. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

It's still up for purchase. That is still more than you can say about the stores in Europe and North America.

So, it doesn't really matter. 

oh yeah I just remembered, hows the back light bleed on this monitor?

they say 21:9 is prone to it

oh yeah I just remembered, hows the back light bleed on this monitor?

they say 21:9 is prone to it

There is a little bit of backlight bleeding in the corners, but it really isn't all that noticeable. Unless you look for it, you won't see it.

Very nice review OP! Lots of information in there and you were really thorough. I really want a 21:9 monitor to play League of Legends, this might be the one I buy. 

Nice review! Was thinking of buying the 34UM95 but will go for this one. Now I only have to wait for it to come to storen near me. Netherlands / Belgium... Until this day no pricing anywhere. 

Hooooooly shit, this is so temptingPreblem is, i need atleast 2 of these...wait 3! Center one as my main monitor to do stuff/play games, left one for all the applications I still want to keep track of, and the right one....to please my "need everything symetrical" ocd.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Hooooooly shit, this is so temptingPreblem is, i need atleast 2 of these...wait 3! Center one as my main monitor to do stuff/play games, left one for all the applications I still want to keep track of, and the right one....to please my "need everything symetrical" ocd.

A 63:9 ratio  :o

That's nearly 2,5 meters of monitor. And I thought I had a big desk...

You could of course put them all in potrait mode and have the weirdest Eyefinity/Surround setup ever.

Very nice review OP! Lots of information in there and you were really thorough. I really want a 21:9 monitor to play League of Legends, this might be the one I buy. 

I can see if I can burrow a friends LoL account, to see of a 21:9 aspect ratio makes a difference. 

I can't promise that she will lend to me, but I can try.

That's nealry 2,5 meters of monitor. And I thought I had a big desk...

You could of course put them all in potrait mode and have the weirdest Eyefinity/Surround setup ever.

I can see if I can burrow a friends LoL account, to see of a 21:9 aspect ratio makes a difference. 

I can't promise that she will lend to me, but I can try.

It definitely makes a huge difference. You can see more of the map which helps. I had an eyefinity setup before and it was so great being able to see the entire map lol. 

It definitely makes a huge difference. You can see more of the map which helps. I had an eyefinity setup before and it was so great being able to see the entire map lol. 

Good thing you know, becuase I can't get a hold of her.

There are some games where the 21:9 aspect ratio makes jack difference, like the original Bioshock and Bully, so it could be that it didn't make a difference in LoL aswell.

If anyone is interested in how a game looks, feel free to make a request. Of course I need to have the game. 

That's nearly 2,5 meters of monitor. And I thought I had a big desk...

I'm going to move soon anyways, guess I cound spend some money building myself a bigger desk then :)

Or imagine 5 of them in portrait...hnnnngg

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

I'm going to move soon anyways, guess I cound spend some money building myself a bigger desk then :)

Or imagine 5 of them in portrait...hnnnngg

Quick calculation says that it's 1.37mof monitor, not accounting for the bezels.

With a  7200 x 3440 resolution. 

I don't think my GTX 680 can run that, and I doubt games support that resolution.  

It would still take up 1.85 meters of desk space.

Quick calculation says that it's 1.37mof monitor, not accounting for the bezels.

With a  7200 x 3440 resolution. 

I don't think my GTX 680 can run that, and I doubt games support that resolution.  

It would still take up 1.85 meters of desk space.

Stop popping my dreams! I guess I will stick with 27" 1440p monitors 16:9 on the sides and the aoc 34" in the middle, that will my suit my 2m of desk space. Now I just need to get/craft myself a monitor stand that can hold all three monitors, alligning the high so It doesnt look ugly.

Could you tell me if the monitor's back (the part that doesn't look like brushed aluminum) glossy or not? Considering switching to this just for the stand 

Could you tell me if the monitor's back (the part that doesn't look like brushed aluminum) glossy or not? Considering switching to this just for the stand 

It is pretty glossy. It nearly looks like a piano finish, but maybe not as glossy.

I can take a picture when I get home from work, if you are interested.

It is pretty glossy. It nearly looks like a piano finish, but maybe nor as glossy.

I can take a picture when I get home from work, if you are interested.

It would be really appreciated, thanks

It would be really appreciated, thanks

SInce lighting had to be just somewhat workable, I had my wife take a couple of pictures.

Od5Hnzn.jpgrADuHTb.jpg

I don't know if these show it as good as it should, but the lighting is pretty bad in my home office. 

The back is also a bit dusty by now, sorry about that. 

22" 1080p filthy TN panel user here. How much blown away do you think I will be with this?

This and a worthy GTX970 should fix me for quite a while.

22" 1080p filthy TN panel user here. How much blown away do you think I will be with this?

I don't know. That is a very subjective question. You might be blown away or you might not notice a difference.

I'm also thinking about upgrading my graphics card. My GTX 680 is having a bit of a hard time running games at this resolution.

Do you think a single card set up such as one gtx 970 or 980, will be able to get playable frame rate (45 to 60fps) at 3440x1440 on Max settings in modern games?  

Also how did you find the input lag for this monitor, i know some people have an issue with lg um95 one

Edited by th3kingsofkings

You will be amazed at any 1440p or above monitor

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Do you think a single card set up such as one gtx 970 or 980, will be able to get playable frame rate (45 to 60fps) at 3440x1440 on Max settings in modern games?

Also how did you find the input lag for this monitor, i know some people have an issue with lg um95 one

I've had no problem with input lag. Granted, i haven't had the time to play a lot twitch shooters, so my sample isn't good.

I simply do not know if a single GTX 970 or GTX 980 would be enough. I haven't had any experience with those cards. All i know is that a GTX 680 is inadequate.

noticed on pc case gear they have ETA: 12/11/14

sorta disappointed with the lateness

Wow! Wanted to start by saying you did a great job on the review, very detailed and informative. 

I had a question though about the functionality with this display. Do you know or have heard of any issues with Mac OS? I have read previously that the AOC 29" Q2963PM had problems with Mac. Just wanted to know before I decided on picking one up for myself! 

Thanks a lot!