Run AOC U3477PQU at 60hz

Ultrawide

Hello everyone,

I just got the new u3477Pqu, but i can't seem to be able to run it at 3440x1440 60hz stable.
When i first started it I noticed right away that the framerate was low. It runs fine at 30hz both on displayport and DVI. But when I set it to 60hz in the Nvidia control panel, i get no signal.
I managed to get it running at 60hz by switched DP cabability to 1.1 insted of 1.2 (on the monitor itself). I also had to make a custom resolution to activate 60hz with this fix.
But whenever I boot up my computer it says no signal and I have to set it back to 1.2 and then back again to 1.1, just to get picture on the screen.

Why is this happening, and how can i fix it?

Monitor is running off of a gigabyte GTX 690. Using a mini displayport to regular DP cable.

Maybe you have a bad cable?

Off topic, how do you like the monitor other than the issue? How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I guess i could try another cable.

I really love the monitor. It blows the socks off my old Dell ultrasharp U2713HM.
Only thing i can complain about is a slight back light bleed in the left corner. But i had to look for it to notice it. So it's not such a big deal :)

Edit: Oh and it cost me about 1000 USD. 6490 NOK to be exact :P

That's freakin expensive! Holy shit!

PS use the quote button so @dizmo knows you replied to him.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thank you sir.

I guess i could try another cable.

I really love the monitor. It blows the socks off my old Dell ultrasharp U2713HM.

Only thing i can complain about is a slight back light bleed in the left corner. But i had to look for it to notice it. So it's not such a big deal :)

Hmmm dear god that's a lot more than I was thinking it would be. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Which ports are you running the monitor off? Their websites shows that you need Displayport to run 60Hz. http://www.aocmonitorap.com/root/anz/product_display.php?id=575 

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

ah sorry about that. I don't really use forums much. And yes it is quite expensive. It'll be cheaper in most other countries though.

Which ports are you running the monitor off? Their websites shows that you need Displayport to run 60Hz. http://www.aocmonitorap.com/root/anz/product_display.php?id=575 

my GTX 690 only has one mDP port (and 3 DVI), so that's what i am using.

Wow, congrats on getting this, I've been waiting a while for this monitor.

If you don't mind me asking this, what's the distance between the stand and the bottom of the screen when the screen is at the very top of the stand?

As for your problem, it might be worth looking into if the 34UM95 had similiar issues. I remember that some users had issue with DP1.2 as well, but I think it was flickering? Not 100% sure anymore if there were 60hz issues as well.

Wow, congrats on getting this, I've been waiting a while for this monitor.

If you don't mind me asking this, what's the distance between the stand and the bottom of the screen when the screen is at the very top of the stand?

As for you problem, it might be worth looking into if the 34UM95 had similiar issues. I remember that some users had issue with DP1.2 as well, but I think it was flickering? Not 100% sure anymore if there were 60hz issues as well.

25.5cm (10 inches) from the table to the bottom of the monitor in the top position.

25.5cm (10 inches) from the table to the bottom of the monitor in the top position.

Wow, that's absolutely perfect! Thanks for the answer and can't wait to get this one as well.

Wow, that's absolutely perfect! Thanks for the answer and can't wait to get this one as well.

No problem.

Thank you sir.

Hmmm dear god that's a lot more than I was thinking it would be. 

Oh and btw. It's only 800 USD without sales tax. So buying it through a company helps alot :)

No problem.

Oh and btw. It's only 800 USD without sales tax. So buying it through a company helps alot :)

Oh that's a bit better, and I imagine it'll be even cheaper once it hits the US; maybe as low as $599!

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

ah sorry about that. I don't really use forums much. And yes it is quite expensive. It'll be cheaper in most other countries though.

my GTX 690 only has one mDP port (and 3 DVI), so that's what i am using.

Try using a mini DP to DP adapter for 60Hz

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

Maybe you have a bad cable?

Off topic, how do you like the monitor other than the issue? How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

Got a new cable to day. That did not work.

Try using a mini DP to DP adapter for 60Hz

I have been using a mDP to DP cable. I can't see why an adapter would be better.

Got a new cable to day. That did not work.

I have been using a mDP to DP cable. I can't see why an adapter would be better.

Oh ok.

How did you get this monitor?  AOC announced it back in July, but then never sent it to any retailers.

How did you get this monitor?  AOC announced it back in July, but then never sent it to any retailers.

I work at a retailer i Norway. I ordered it as soon as i was available. Got it 3 days ago.

Update: I have now tested this on a GTX 980 and R9 280X. Using regular DP cable on both. Guess the problem lies with the monitor. I asked AOC for a firmware update, but no answer so far.

• 10 months later...

I work at a retailer i Norway. I ordered it as soon as i was available. Got it 3 days ago.

Update: I have now tested this on a GTX 980 and R9 280X. Using regular DP cable on both. Guess the problem lies with the monitor. I asked AOC for a firmware update, but no answer so far.

Did you manage to get a firmware update?  I am also experiencing issues - it's a pain!

Xeon 5670 @ 4.2Ghz on air (Noctua NH-U12P SE2)| Gigabyte EX-58 UD5 | 12GB Corsair RAM @ 1600Mhz 

• 3 years later...

Found this thread while searching for some answers on why I couldn't get any picture with this monitor connected with DP --> DP to USB-C --> MacBook Pro 13" 2017.

I tried to edit the DP setting from 1.2 to 1.1 and boom, it worked! but it was only 30 Hz, but at least I got a picture.. but then I tried to switch it back to 1.2 while connected, and oh my, it worked! :) thank you guys for the different tips here