In the middle of a server upgrade right now. Should hopefully be done by tomorrow, then I'll be posting pics and specs.

In the middle of a server upgrade right now. Should hopefully be done by tomorrow, then I'll be posting pics and specs.

Awesome!

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Hardware
CASE: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
PSU: Corsair CX600 V2
MB: Asus M4A88T-M
CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 455
HS: Arctic Alpine 64
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 4GB (2x2GB) 1333 MHz
RAID CARD 1: Sata II PCI-Express Raid Controller (Silicon Image SIL3132) from Monoprice.com
OS Drive:Transcend JetFlash 500 8GB
Parity Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB (5400RPM)
HDD 1-5: 5 x Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB (5400RPM)
HDD 6: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB (5900RPM)
HDD 7: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (7200RPM)

Software and Configuration:
Total space W/O Parity: 16TB
Total space W/ Parity: 14TB

Usage:
Used as central backup for all computers. Houses movies, TV Shows, Comics, Books, Music, etc...

Backup:
Currently have no backup of the server but I'm planning on putting together a small 3 Drive server for the most important data.

Additional info:
Will be updating within the next couple of week's. I currently have a 3TB and another 2TB sitting in the case, but I am unable to find my second RAID card. Ordering a new card and once it get's here I will update the spec's.

Photos:

gallery_2562_189_417612.jpg

Ooohh Shiny....

gallery_2562_189_338713.jpg

gallery_2562_189_597971.jpg

gallery_2562_189_189729.jpg

Lazy cable management.

gallery_2562_189_361137.jpg

gallery_2562_189_624263.jpg

gallery_2562_189_265576.jpg

I also have the white version of the Source 210. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Maybe another server.

gallery_2562_189_398325.jpg

Flash Drive with UnRAID installed.

gallery_2562_189_348842.jpg

UnRAID Booted up.

Total space W/O Parity: 16TB
Total space W/ Parity: 14TB

Hardware

CASE: Silverstone Precision PS08 Micro-ATX

PSU: PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk III 400W (80+ Bronze)

MB: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

CPU: AMD Athlon II 170u (20W)

HS: Gelid Siberian something er other

RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333

RAID CARD: Using onboard RAID

SSD: 4GB USB thumb drive

HDD1: 5 X 3TB WD Red in RAID Z1 (12TB)

I'm running freenas 8.3.0. It is plugged into a gigabit switch

Usage:

The NAS is mainly for movies and television series streaming to my HTPC. I have 3.5TB/12TB used in the array plus another 6TB of movies and tv shows on the htpc. I have a backup of my personal files roughly around 500 GB.

Additional info:

When the drives are active, the entire system of 5 drives, 2 fans and CPU run at a total of 75 W. On idle it will run at 69 W, in sleep it is a lot less.

Photos:

server4f.jpgserver3u.jpg

frontserver.jpgfreenas.jpg

storagee.jpg

Looks Great :D

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Hardware

CASE: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)

PSU: Corsair CX600 V2

MB: Asus M4A88T-M

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 455

HS: Arctic Alpine 64

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 4GB (2x2GB) 1333 MHz

RAID CARD 1: Sata II PCI-Express Raid Controller (Silicon Image SIL3132) from Monoprice.com

OS Drive:Transcend JetFlash 500 8GB

Parity Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB (5400RPM)

HDD 1-5: 5 x Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB (5400RPM)

HDD 6: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB (5900RPM)

HDD 7: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (7200RPM)

Additional info:

Will be updating within the next couple of week's. I currently have a 3TB and another 2TB sitting in the case, but I am unable to find my second RAID card. Ordering a new card and once it get's here I will update the spec's.

I added you to the list :)

Be sure to update your post and notify me when you upgrade :P

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Nice system, but damn! Do some cable management :o

Thanks. I'll be doing some cable management when I hook my other 2 drives up.

I added you to the list :)

Be sure to update your post and notify me when you upgrade :P

Thank you. And will do.

Hardware
CASE: Lian Li PC-A70F with Lian Li EX-23NB and EX-34NB

PSU: Antec New Truepower 750w (Seasonic rebrand)
MB: Asus P8P67 Pro
CPU: Intel i7-2600k at 4.43ghz
HS: Noctua NH-C12P SE14
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600
HBA: Intel SASUC8i + some cheap 2x sata pcie x1 card
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB

External: I run 1 WD 3TB on usb 3.0 because I ran out of hdd bays, I have a 4-bay Cyberlink esata box

HDDs: 13x WD Green 3TB

6x WD Green 2TB

1x Seagate 2TB

1x Samsung 2TB

1x 500GB single-platter Seagate (Scratch)

Windows 7 - All JBOD. I use junctions to merge the drives, works perfectly for me.

Usage:
I use the storage for movies and series, i have media players around the house that access it. I also have a 150/75 home line, so I can stream it to any remote location or to my mobile devices.

Backup:
What is this "backup" you speak of?

Additional info:
I think I've only added one drive since November 2011. I bought most of these 3TB drives at $110 before the Thailand floods.

Photo's:

HUrD0gGl.jpg

Internal shot of the server. Not sure how best to take a pic, but I'll post this old pic in the mean time. I don't have the 570 anymore, I filled all the hdd bays, and I don't have the esata box in my case, I just wanted to see if it would fit. 

z8SYxuul.png

Drives as listed on Computer.

Is Rudde from Norway? I may have seen him around. 

I have:

P8P67 Pro

Intel SASUC8i

Cyberlink 4-bay esata box

Some cheap 2x sata pci x1 card

Windows 7 - all JBOD

13x WD Green 3TB

6x WD Green 2TB

1x Seagate 2TB

1x Samsung 2TB

1x 500GB single-platter Seagate (Scratch)

1x 1.5TB Seagate portable (not really part of my fixed storage, but it's connected right now, so I threw it on)

That adds up to 57TB on this one PC.

Damn, i guess we have a new number one :P

Im excluding the 1.5TB external as you say its not part of your fixed storage.

So that's 55.5TB, I dont want decimal numbers so I'll make it a nice and even 55TB (still a very nice first place)

PS: Could you edit your post so it looks the same like the other posts (with the blue titles, and the things like what you use it for)

Damn, i guess we have a new number one :P

Nice  :)  I tried to clean it up a little following your original post.

Nice  :)  I tried to clean it up a little following your original post.

Thank you :)

PS: have you ever considered installing FlexRAID, it will pool all drives and you can add parity drives. (it uses NTFS so you can just apply it to drive that have data on it)

Ok, guys i always wanted to build a real storage for me because i always had so many HDD in a box, with those docks for it and i was getting so confused to organize my things.

So i decided to do it, took me a little more then 6 months but i'm very happy with the results.

Hardware:

CASE: NORCO RPC-4224 4U
PSU: THERMALTAKE 1000W/ATX12V 2.3/PCI6/ST8/PFC
MB: INTEL S1200BTLR
CPU: INTEL XEON E3-1220V2
HS: Stock Intel heatsink
RAM: 8Gb (KINGSTON 4Gb ECC KVR1333D3S8E9SK2/4G)
RAID CARD 1: 2 x INTEL RS2WC080
RAID CARD 2: 1 x LSI00142 SAS 8888ELP
SSD: CORSAIR SATA III 120GB FORCE GT
HDD 1: 12 x 3TB SEAGATE SATA 64MB 7200RPM BARRACUDA 6Gb/S PN#ST3000DM001
HDD 2: 12 x 2TB SEAGATE SATA 64MB 7200RPM BARRACUDA 6Gb/S PN#ST2000DM001
HDD 3: 04 x 2TB SEAGATE SATA 64MB 7200RPM BARRACUDA 6Gb/S PN#ST2000DM001 (Its not on my Storage)

My server is running windows seven (i know its lame)
Since i had so many things on the HDDs already, i had to build the arrays separately.
So i build the fist one with 8 x 3Tb drives in a RAID 5 configuration, then i backed up
some files and made the other array 8 x 2Tb drives in a RAID 6 configuration. The rest
of them are still in JBOD. I plan to make another array soon.

Usage:

I use the storage for bluray movies, series and shows. Also i have lots of HDTV series on it.

Backup:

I use this storage to backup all of my critical data and plus.

Additional info:

Currently two of my 3Tb drives are in my BlacX Thermaltake dock because i'm making some backups with it.
I'll buy 4 more 3Tb drives to make another 8 x 3Tb array. This is how it looks today:

Storage%20Configuration.PNG

Capture.PNG

Photo's:

This is my fist project, witch didn't work. This MB wasn't compatible with my Intel RAID Cards, so i had to change MB, Processor and Memorys.

2012-11-06%2017.47.01.jpg

Then today what it looks like: (I know i didn't do my best on cable management) i'll improve when i open again to put my other 3tb drives.

2012-12-05%2000.42.37.jpg

2012-12-05%2000.42.54.jpg

2012-12-05%2000.43.06.jpg

2012-12-05%2000.43.32.jpg

2012-12-05%2000.44.20.jpg

2012-12-05%2000.44.46.jpg

2012-12-05%2000.44.55.jpg

2012-12-05%2000.45.05.jpg

2012-12-05%2000.45.13.jpg

Intel Core i7-5960X / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 2 x SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (RAID0) / 2 x SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TbGB (RAID0) / Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2666MHz / VGA Geforce 780 TI / PSU Thermaltake 1200W / Case: CoolerMaster ATX CM Storm Trooper SGC-5000-KWN1 / Headset: SteelSeries H Wireless / Logitech Momo / Monitors: 03 x Dell U2414H

Yes, I'm Norwegian :P How did you know? Where have you seen me? And from you speed I guess you are an Verizon FIOS customer? And then American? :P

Yes, I'm Norwegian  :P How did you know? Where have you seen me? And from you speed I guess you are an Verizon FIOS customer? And then American?  :P

lol HDB representing. Top three positions are all from HDB now. Yeah, I'm American with FiOS.

Thank you  :)

PS: have you ever considered installing FlexRAID, it will pool all drives and you can add parity drives. (it uses NTFS so you can just apply it to drive that have data on it)

Yeah, I tried it and used to use it on my old system. I couldn't quite get it working properly with this newer system, so I just stuck with junctions. It works perfectly for me, so I haven't really tried other methods.

I really like that Norco case, It's a great deal all things considered.

Ok, guys i always wanted to build a real storage for me because i always had so many HDD in a box, with those docks for it and i was getting so confused to organize my things.

So i decided to do it, took me a little more then 6 months but i'm very happy with the results.

Hardware:

CASE: NORCO RPC-4224 4U

PSU: THERMALTAKE 1000W/ATX12V 2.3/PCI6/ST8/PFC

MB: INTEL S1200BTLR

CPU: INTEL XEON E3-1220V2

HS: Stock Intel heatsink

RAM: 8Gb (KINGSTON 4Gb ECC KVR1333D3S8E9SK2/4G)

RAID CARD 1: 2 x INTEL RS2WC080

RAID CARD 2: 1 x LSI00142 SAS 8888ELP

SSD: CORSAIR SATA III 120GB FORCE GT

HDD 1: 12 x 3TB SEAGATE SATA 64MB 7200RPM BARRACUDA 6Gb/S PN#ST3000DM001

HDD 2: 12 x 2TB SEAGATE SATA 64MB 7200RPM BARRACUDA 6Gb/S PN#ST2000DM001

HDD 3: 04 x 2TB SEAGATE SATA 64MB 7200RPM BARRACUDA 6Gb/S PN#ST2000DM001 (Its not on my Storage)

LOL, I feel bad for @dangerous1 , he just got first place and the same day you takes it away again :p

Anyway, whats up with those 4x 2TB drives (HDD3), you say its not in storage, so what are they doing? (I need to know to determine the size :p)

Also was there a particular reason for using hardware RAID?

A software RAID solution seemed easier if your already had data on your drives. 

All in all a awesome build, and a nice first place!

LOL, I feel bad for @dangerous1 , he just got first place and the same day you takes it away again :P

Anyway, whats up with those 4x 2TB drives (HDD3), you say its not in storage, so what are they doing? (I need to know to determine the size :P)

Also was there a particular reason for using hardware RAID?

A software RAID solution seemed easier if your already had data on your drives. 

All in all a awesome build, and a nice first place!

I had so many drives after all those years that i couldn't put them all on my storage, so i had to leave some of them out. Its those 4x 2Tb drives. They are in that pink box of the picture.

Reason for Hardware raid is performance and security. in order to rearrange all of the data i needed speed and keep them all more safe.

In the future, i'll update all my 2Tb drives for 3Tb or even 4Tb if they become more acceptable.

Intel Core i7-5960X / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 2 x SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (RAID0) / 2 x SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TbGB (RAID0) / Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2666MHz / VGA Geforce 780 TI / PSU Thermaltake 1200W / Case: CoolerMaster ATX CM Storm Trooper SGC-5000-KWN1 / Headset: SteelSeries H Wireless / Logitech Momo / Monitors: 03 x Dell U2414H

I had so many drives after all those years that i couldn't put them all on my storage, so i had to leave some of them out. Its those 4x 2Tb drives. They are in that pink box of the picture.

Reason for Hardware raid is performance and security. in order to rearrange all of the data i needed speed and keep them all more safe.

In the future, i'll update all my 2Tb drives for 3Tb or even 4Tb if they become more acceptable.

So you have the 12x 2TB and the 12x 3TB in your server and another 4x 2TB outside your case in case you need them? 

So you have the 12x 2TB and the 12x 3TB in your server and another 4x 2TB outside your case in case you need them? 

Yes, thats correct. I'm glad you liked it.

What i really wanted is to put all those HDDs with one of this:

areca ARC-1882IX-24-4GNC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816151122

But it was too risky to me.

Yes, thats correct. I'm glad you liked it.

What i really wanted is to put all those HDDs with one of this:

areca ARC-1882IX-24-4GNC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816151122

But it was too risky to me.

o0, I looked at HW RAID but I decided FlexRAID suited me better as it was a lot cheaper and FlexRAID also uses NTFS so if for some reason the array fails you still have all your data in NTFS.

Its a very good solution too.

I'm too lazy these days to configure XBMC with it.

It looks like I'm going to have to get my new RAID card and get my other drives hooked up. Otherwise I may be pushed out of the top 10.

It looks like I'm going to have to get my new RAID card and get my other drives hooked up. Otherwise I may be pushed out of the top 10.

:D

IBM m1015 is your friend!

:D

IBM m1015 is your friend!

Haha, I wish. I'm cheap/poor and paying of student loans, so cheap cards from Monoprice are fine with me for now. Just waiting til I get paid to order a new one, I have one somewhere but cannot find it. I plan on getting this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816101358 at some point in the near future.

Haha, I wish. I'm cheap/poor and paying of student loans, so cheap cards from Monoprice are fine with me for now. Just waiting til I get paid to order a new one, I have one somewhere but cannot find it. I plan on getting this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816101358 at some point in the near future.

hmm the m1015 is listed as $320 that's way to much, price should be about the same as the supermicro one.

EDIT: 

like this one on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-ServeRaid-M1015-PCI-e-RAID-Controller-Full-Height-Bracket-46M0861-46C8933-/121122244549?pt=US_Server_Disk_Controllers_RAID_Cards&hash=item1c3372c7c5