Whats the furthest you've overclocked a cpu or gpu over its stock clock open thread

Whats the furthest you've overclocked a cpu or gpu in ghz or mhz any time period is fine

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

AMD 4800+ from 2.5 to 3.2. :P

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Tried to OC an amd 7870 BBE once, I burned it.

OC'd my cpu from 3.3 to 4.4 once. For some reason it wont be stabel on 4.4 anymore so it's at 4.2 now

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

gtx 780 from 900mhz to 1,254mhz and 1,333 with voltage hack but it was making it too hot

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

I got my 3770k to 4.7Ghz but it was too hot for my liking, so I settled for 4.6

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

my 4790k is t 4.6 but i got it to 4.9

2600K @ 4.9 pushing for 5.0 and had to jerryrig 3 fans in push push pull to do so :)

Would do 5.0 with HT off hands down easy, but hated 5.0 /w HT.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Tried to OC an amd 7870 BBE once, I burned it.

OC'd my cpu from 3.3 to 4.4 once. For some reason it wont be stabel on 4.4 anymore so it's at 4.2 now

what do you mean by burned it do you mean bricked it or do you mean made it into a very expensive coaster

2600K @ 4.9 pushing for 5.0 and had to jerryrig 3 fans in push push pull to do so :)

Would do 5.0 with HT off hands down easy, but hated 5.0 /w HT.

what cooler were you using

My 4770K from 3.5GHz to 5.0GHz (43%)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

My 4770K from 3.5GHz to 5.0GHz (43%)

holy crap what were the temps and what cooler were you useing

on of my friends got a 2600k at 5.1ghz on air

i got my 3570k to 4.8ghz from 3.4 so 1.4ghz my gtx 650 i got from 1058 to 1200 and memory from 5ghz to 5.6 however i didnt touch any voltage so could have gone higher.

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Got an 8320 from 3.5(4 Turbo) Ghz to 4.9 on all 8 cores not too long after release  and was also able to once get an GTX 750Ti FTW up around from 1.19Ghz to around 1.3Ghz without any bios hacking to remove safety features

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

what cooler were you using

Hyper212 (The original from 4-5 years ago) with gaps around the contacting heatpipes, not the 212+, not the recent ones.. It's an oldie.

Push Pull, with another High CFM Fan Pushing from the front panel 5.25 bay area, cos it's wasted space as I don't use DVD drives internally.

Worked a treat, 4.9 Without the 3rd fan @ 81*c across all cores with random spikes to 85*c and back down. and then the 3rd Fan brought it down to 78-80*c with spikes to 81-83*c. <-ballpark memory figures

Voltage is the main thing, while I cannot remember specifics, 4.9>5.0 required more than it was worth, but I was going for e-peen bragging rights joining the 5-Jiggahertz Club. :)

Recently my 2600K died from a Faulty PSU (The original PSU bought at the same time as CPU)

Such a shame, encoding performance on 8 threads with 4 overclocked cores will be missed.

But my (lack of funding) i5 4690 is no slouch :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Hyper212 (The original from 4-5 years ago) with gaps around the contacting heatpipes, not the 212+, not the recent ones.. It's an oldie.

Push Pull, with another High CFM Fan Pushing from the front panel 5.25 bay area, cos it's wasted space as I don't use DVD drives internally.

Worked a treat, 4.9 Without the 3rd fan @ 81*c across all cores with random spikes to 85*c and back down. and then the 3rd Fan brought it down to 78-80*c with spikes to 81-83*c. <-ballpark memory figures

Voltage is the main thing, while I cannot remember specifics, 4.9>5.0 required more than it was worth, but I was going for e-peen bragging rights joining the 5-Jiggahertz Club. :)

holy crap did you try a better cooler

holy crap did you try a better cooler

Never. Due to ....well laziness really

I know.. I know.. :)

Never. Due to ....well laziness really

I know.. I know.. :)

I would have tried messing with it whenver i got a better cooler as in closed loop or huge air as the hyper 212 only dissipates a little bit of heat

holy crap what were the temps and what cooler were you useing

the temps were 65-75 C Cooler was a H105 with SP120s

BUT when I do these OCs, I do them for fun. So it is purely to reach certain set goals, in this case 5GHz. There is virtually no performance gain. So, to get to 5GHz I had to disable hyperthreading. I was able to get to 4.9GHz but I don't like my temps scratching 88C. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I would have tried messing with it whenver i got a better cooler as in closed loop or huge air as the hyper 212 only dissipates a little bit of heat

Agreed.

Was thinking cos of this thread...

2600XT (Dell blower style cooling) spare lying around, should find out its Deathly Maximums :)

the temps were 65-75 C Cooler was a H105 with SP120s

BUT when I do these OCs, I do them for fun. So it is purely to reach certain set goals, in this case 5GHz. There is virtually no performance gain. So, to get to 5GHz I had to disable hyperthreading. I was able to get to 4.9GHz but I don't like my temps scratching 88C. 

okay makes sense

Agreed.

Was thinking cos of this thread...

2600XT (Dell blower style cooling) spare lying around, should find out its Deathly Maximums :)

yea what are you cooling you current build with 

you could do that while putting it next to an ac unit and a bunch of house fans blowing on it