X99 Sabertooth?

Do you guys think Asus will release a X99 Sabertooth and why dont you guys think they released this already since the sabertooth boards are big selllers. Do you guys think they are us waiting?

We know as much as you do. But I would be surprised if they didn't

If you look at the x99 deluxe, it takes some things from the sabertooth like part of the shielding, so maybe they think a sabertooth release would be redundant. After all there's very little the deluxe can't do.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Maybe time for the sabranco?It's possible since ASUS made some teasing(about that board in general,not x99)

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Never liked the colours of the sabertooth series.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

I would not be surprised if they brought out a strix branded board.

Maybe like 1% of all PC builders do.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

If you look at the x99 deluxe, it takes some things from the sabertooth like part of the shielding, so maybe they think a sabertooth release would be redundant. After all there's very little the deluxe can't do.

It indeed does. Its a really nice board, but I just want my Sabertooth!

I just want my Sabertooth!

Can't blame you ^^ they're sexy motherboards

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They probably will as it started on X58 and they have only been expanding the line of the TUF series. I for one do hope they come out with one.

Sabertooth isn't about the colors.

I would not be surprised if they brought out a strix branded board.

Strix is about quiet. How would you make a MB more quiet than normal?

Sabertooth isn't about the colors.

Let me rephrase that. I liked the designs of the sabertooth but the colours put me off.

Strix is about quiet. How would you make a MB more quiet than normal?

Specially picked inductors that do not whine? Redesigned audio cicuitry is shielded against EMI and crosstalk.

I was thinking that they might bring out a board because a lot of people are diggin the design.

Let me rephrase that. I liked the designs of the sabertooth but the colours put me off.

Specially picked inductors that do not whine? Redesigned audio cicuitry is shielded against EMI and crosstalk.

I was thinking that they might bring out a board because a lot of people are diggin the design.

Colors fine, matches noctua'a which makes a match made in heaven.

I just dont think that the marketing would really fit a MB but maybe thats just me.

Good point. But I recall the X79 Sabertooth had fewer features than the X79 Deluxe. It had all the great essentials like the 8 memory slots, but fewer full-size PCIe slots and only one ethernet port, but a better warranty and a lower price. So I guess we ought to imagine a board with a price and feature set somewhere between the X99-A and the X99 Deluxe. I really hope it happens. I'd much rather spend closer to $300 on a board I like rather than $400 if it can be helped.

Good point. But I recall the X79 Sabertooth had fewer features than the X79 Deluxe. It had all the great essentials like the 8 memory slots, but fewer full-size PCIe slots and only one ethernet port, but a better warranty and a lower price. So I guess we ought to imagine a board with a price and feature set somewhere between the X99-A and the X99 Deluxe. I really hope it happens. I'd much rather spend closer to $300 on a board I like rather than $400 if it can be helped.

Yeah, I can see it being a more value option, but at that point you might as well give an option for a longer warranty on the x99-a instead.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Maybe time for the sabranco?It's possible since ASUS made some teasing(about that board in general,not x99)

Have been waiting since they released those pictures. If they do it with z97 chipsets before x-mas I'm gonna be happy... if they don't, f*ck saberbranco, I'll paint it myself.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

One of the big points of the sabertooth is actually less "features". The X79 only had the USB 3.0 and the Marvell sata III (which shouldn't have been included, or at least that chip shouldn't have been its a POS and the same one that's on the X58). The thing is generally if it does have some it will have a better or the best variant of it. ASUS introduced their fan controls and full board temp sensons on the sabertooth and it continues to this day. The fan control has trickled down and up to almost every board but the only one that has as complete a temp sensor array are some of the ROG boards. I think it was Z97 but that sabertooth was one of the few boards that actually had 100% fully certified USB 3.0.

In the end the selling pint of the sabertooth and tuff line in general is simplicity, stability, and support.

Yeah, I can see it being a more value option, but at that point you might as well give an option for a longer warranty on the x99-a instead.

So just disreguard the better build quality of the sabertooth and the cal dation it goes through to get the longer warranty?

So just disreguard the better build quality of the sabertooth and the cal dation it goes through to get the longer warranty?

I'm pretty sure the -a gets almost as many validation hours, after all it's an x99 motherboard, I'd be surprised if it wasn't tested extremely well. Either way they could just validate it more if needed, the build quality is still very, very high.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm pretty sure the -a gets almost as many validation hours, after all it's an x99 motherboard, I'd be surprised if it wasn't tested extremely well. Either way they could just validate it more if needed, the build quality is still very, very high.

Like the board it self gets validated just like gigabytes black edition. Also that adds cost, significant cost which is not something you want added to you base model board. Also is it was just a Z98-A with validation I'm pretty sure almost no one would buy it.

Also if it was just a Z98-A with validation I'm pretty sure almost no one would buy it.

The shielding plays a big role

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The shielding plays a big role

huh?

huh?

the armor on the sabertooth is a big selling point

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

the armor on the sabertooth is a big selling point

Really cause that was only introduced really with Z87 at least with the backplate but it was also on RAG then too. I guess it was on the Z77 as well. X79 only had a cover over there IO which actually kinda gets in the way. All models prior didnt have it and ROG now has it as well. I actually think the backplate is a bigger selling point than the cover. I didnt even think to take that stuff into account because on the gryphon, which is the last one I built, its optional. I think that probably the better way to go and seems to be how they went on the z97 on teh sabertooth and the gryphon.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys think Asus will release a X99 Sabertooth and why dont you guys think they released this already since the sabertooth boards are big selllers. Do you guys think they are us waiting?

Check the videos of Paul and JJ on NewEgg. At the end of one JJ says the Sabertooth version of the X99 will come later. No rush considering what RAM for these boards currently costs.