The Curse Caught Up To Me

Real_PhillBert

Corsair K70 I bought around the new year, now has its first dead LED. :( 

Unfortunately I thought I was through the dangerous time frame on these keyboards so I made the decision to toss out the box when I moved a couple months ago. 

2014-09-02182053_zps1d82b2f3.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Replace the LED yourself. Not that hard.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Replace the LED yourself. Not that hard.

Will corsair sell just an LED? I guess I haven't heard of people replacing LED's, only RMAing the keyboard.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It took me way longer than it should've to figure out which key it was, also if you RMA it to Corsair you don't need the box.

Lol I specifically decided not to mention which key it was to see if anyone asks :D

Will corsair sell just an LED? I guess I haven't heard of people replacing LED's, only RMAing the keyboard.

No. Find the diameter and search it on Octopart.

I believe Cherry gives you the diameter on their spec sheets. If you want to be really adventurous you could ask Corsair for the model number.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It's a pretty standard LED, should be able to get one at RadioShack. Just measure it and find one that matches.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

No. Find the diameter and search it on Octopart.

I believe Cherry gives you the diameter on their spec sheets. If you want to be really adventurous you could ask Corsair for the model number.

It's a pretty standard LED, should be able to get one at RadioShack. Just measure it and find one that matches.

Thanks guys. I am pretty mechanical so I'm sure I can get it replaced. I guess I didn't even think that was a real option.

I shall have to do a bit of research and figure out what I need.

Look at the bright side at least just one of them died.

Somehow I doubt it will be the last :(

Thanks guys. I am pretty mechanical so I'm sure I can get it replaced. I guess I didn't even think that was a real option.

I shall have to do a bit of research and figure out what I need.

No problem. Shouldn't be extremely difficult.

You will need a soldering iron and some solder, and you will have to know how to take apart a Cherry mechanical switch. (obviously)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

My "4" LED died a couple weeks ago too :( (k95)

I will try replacing it some time. Screw RMAs.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No problem. Shouldn't be extremely difficult.

You will need a soldering iron and some solder, and you will have to know how to take apart a Cherry mechanical switch. (obviously)

I have a soldering iron and solder, I will have to do some googling on the best way to take it all apart. I doubt its a huge ordeal but still a bit annoying.

I replaced all my LED's in my K95 to yellow LED's. It isn't that hard. Just unscrew all the screws on the top of the keyboard. There are 2 hidden screws. One underneath the Corsair logo (CAREFULLY pry it up with a screwdriver) and under the right tab next to the volume bar.

You can get replacement LED's specifically for Cherry switches here:

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/keyboard-parts/led-lights.html

They are just 2mm Flangeless LED's. The blues may not be a perfect match, but will be close enough. If you decide to change them all, make sure to compensate for the resistance on the LED's as you can fry them or they may not be bright. The general rule of thumb is white requires the most voltage followed by Purple blue green yellow orange and red. You should be fine with any color, just make sure to have the brightness level to an adequate brightness.

I replaced all my LED's in my K95 to yellow LED's. It isn't that hard. Just unscrew all the screws on the top of the keyboard. There are 2 hidden screws. One underneath the Corsair logo (CAREFULLY pry it up with a screwdriver) and under the right tab next to the volume bar.

You can get replacement LED's specifically for Cherry switches here:

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/keyboard-parts/led-lights.html

They are just 2mm Flangeless LED's. The blues may not be a perfect match, but will be close enough. If you decide to change them all, make sure to compensate for the resistance on the LED's as you can fry them or they may not be bright. The general rule of thumb is white requires the most voltage followed by Purple blue green yellow orange and red. You should be fine with any color, just make sure to have the brightness level to an adequate brightness.

Thanks! That link is great.

I appreciate the insight as I was considering simply replacing all of them if I have to disassemble the whole keyboard anyway.

Lol I specifically decided not to mention which key it was to see if anyone asks :D

Which key is it?

I'm legitimately asking, I don't see an issue...

EDIT- found it!