Full Copper Custom Loop with Dual GPU and 8 Core Intel

enthalpy

Hey Guys!

So we are in the planning area... and I am planning :) Since my current rig is still powerful enough and the new 8 Core Intel doesn't give me chills, I am planning a build for 2015.

The build is going to contain:

• 8 Core Intel CPU (or AMD if they do some magic until then)
  • 32-64GB RAM  (I am doing CAD and rendering a lot)
  • Two SingleGPU Cards - Not sure yet about TeamRed or TeamGreen yet - a lot time until 2015 left ;)

Okay, that was the boring part. But I want to do something new. My current Rig with it's 23 Noctuas is nice, but it is nothing special. So I am going to:

• Full Copper Pipes instead of flex/acrylic tubing
  • Steampunk look
  • Plastidip most components

And some friends an I (all mechanical students/graduates) are designing a case right now

• Full Aluminium Case with anodized surface
  • perfect cablemanagement

So. Just wanted to open the thread to update my progress during planningphase :) It is the first time i really "plan" a build. All the others were just "doing". This time I want to record my planningphase on my youtubechannel and in this forum so could be helpful for others :)

Have a nice day and check out my old buildlogs in my signature :)

Plan this in 2015 then. Entire year difference isn't worth it and won't ring accurate in the future.

Plan this in 2015 then. Entire year difference isn't worth it and won't ring accurate in the future.

Due to university my mates and I dont have the time to "rush" this. The "assembling" will take place in 2015. The manufacturing of the parts like case and tubing will take place sooner! To be honest the "Hardware" will change and I do care most about the Case and the tubing.

I disagree, I planned my build for 2 years. Had what I wanted in mind and made the list. As new, more powerful parts came out I replaced them with the previous older parts that were in the same price range and gave me the same function I was hoping for. It kinda makes you feel better about your purchase since you spent so much time planning the parts out and didn't just make a build list, buy it then have some regrets. Just how I experienced it anyways. :D

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Your signature is impossible to read for dark theme users.

You sure about that? I can see it in dark theme just fine on this crappy laptop screen (not the dreamcolor). 

As for the build, sounds like a decent plan, but I would wait till around december before planning next years build. (Also, polish the hell out of them copper tubes, everyone does strait copper, but hardly anyone does a polished copper). 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

You sure about that? I can see it in dark theme just fine on this crappy laptop screen (not the dreamcolor). 

As for the build, sounds like a decent plan, but I would wait till around december before planning next years build. (Also, polish the hell out of them copper tubes, everyone does strait copper, but hardly anyone does a polished copper). 

As stated, the CPU/CPU/MoBo parts will change, but the Case and the tubing are timeless, so why not start today? :)  I will polish and artificially "patina" the copper. Then i use some clear lacquer. 

As stated, the CPU/CPU/MoBo parts will change, but the Case and the tubing are timeless, so why not start today? :)  I will polish and artificially "patina" the copper. Then i use some clear lacquer. 

Sounds like a good plan then. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Has full copper tubing even been done before?

I have seen some Rigs, yes ;)

Fascinating I am very excited to see this come together

Well, it's changed now. So yea it's visible

Well, it's changed now. So yea it's visible

When I posted that, it was in the gray colour, and was still quite visible. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

When I posted that, it was in the gray colour, and was still quite visible. 

I don't know what style set you used but for me it was black

I don't know what style set you used but for me it was black

I just have it set to the default night theme, and it was most definitely gray on this side. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I just have it set to the default night theme, and it was most definitely gray on this side. 

The official stylize style?

The official stylize style?

If you are asking if I use the normal one, the only changes I have mode from default LTT theme is scrolling down to the bottom of teh forums and selecting Night in the theme box. No other changes at all. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

If you are asking if I use the normal one, the only changes I have mode from default LTT theme is scrolling down to the bottom of teh forums and selecting Night in the theme box. No other changes at all. 

No, I am talking about the official stylize style

fair enough