New 1080p Monitor Rage

jon.01

HDMI cables cost nothing...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Oh god. How dreadful.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Just buy an HDMI cable, they are like $5-10 on amazon.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Lowering cost here is completely relevant.  Assume that a VGA cable costs nothing.  An enthusiast will most likely have their own HDMI or DVI cable on hand, but if not the included VGA cable ensures that you can at least check to see if the monitor isn't DOA.  While we all would like a free HDMI or DVI cable it just adds to the cost, and who is to say if they included one over the other that it would suit your specific setup.  You would in many instances just have to buy another cable anyway.... also, what's the appropriate length to include, 6 ft?  For users like myself, that's not enough... Better not to waste the money.

This is common practice now days. Annoying, for sure. But most manufacturers are doing the same.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Lol. Samsung is garbage (company). My monitor had DVI+HDMI cable included (EIZO Foris FS2333).

Perhaps part of the reason the price could be reduced so much was the lack of adequate cabling?  We can't always have our cake and eat it..

It still doesn't make sense to me. Out of the box you will get garbage image quality unless you are an enthusiast, and maybe non-enthusiasts don't really care about that or can tell the difference. They manufacture a great panel with a beautiful display but include a cable that doesn't allow the monitor to live up to its expectations.

I could always just buy a cable but that doesn't explain the reasoning for including a suboptimal cable for a great panel.

I need to calm down lol. Raging over nothing.

You're right. It's incredibly stupid. Cables are cheap. There's no way a DVI or hdmi cable is more than $1 difference in cost for them. Why include a garbage cable? So dumb.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Maybe they accidentally ordered 1 billion VGA cables back in 1998 and they are still trying to get rid of them?

PC Build

Desk Build

your spending 230 on a monitor spending another 5 on an hdmi or dvi cable doesn't even matter.
for op http://www.amazon.ca/Premium-HDMI-Cable-Ethernet-Plated/dp/B004LVEUA0/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1408764705&sr=1-20&keywords=hdmi

i am honestly surprised that vga cables are still being sent out though then again my gpus still have adapters >.> funny because the integrated on my mobo is dvi or hdmi only