Hello i recently helped a friend with his computer by installing windows 7 on his current computer that had problems. well now he cant connect to the internet at his house but he can connect to the internet at my house. i have tried just about everything. please help i dont know what to do. he also uses a ethernet to usb adapter which the drivers and everything is installed. when he gets home and runs trouble shooter he get a message saying  "wireless network connection" doesnt have a valid IP configuration. what do i do? 

Is he trying to connect at his house via wireless or the usb to ethernet adapter?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Both, they both get 3 bars with a "!" over the bars

Is it set to Obtain an IP address automatically?

Can other devices connect to the internet through the router?

Both, they both get 3 bars with a "!" over the bars

disable and re enable the adapters/drivers. also does he have any win XP systems in his house? My dad's second laptop (win xp) has ip conflicts with my laptop. Go to cmd and type in "ipconfig" find out the IPV4 on that pc and do that on all the other pcs and find the pc that has the same IPV4 and that pc, and done, your have both of the conflicting pcs.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Is it set to Obtain an IP address automatically?

Can other devices connect to the internet through the router?

all other computers in the house can connect except this one, as i said i have tried just about everything. 

disable and re enable the adapters/drivers. also does he have any win XP systems in his house? My dad's second laptop (win xp) has ip conflicts with my laptop. Go to cmd and type in "ipconfig" find out the IPV4 on that pc and do that on all the other pcs and find the pc that has the same IPV4 and that pc, and done, your have both of the conflicting pcs.

no only win7

all other computers in the house can connect except this one, as i said i have tried just about everything. 

and by everything i assume you have tried:

setting a static IP address to your PC with proper subnet mask

ensured that your PC is detected as a client in your router

ensured that your PC mac address is not blocked in your router

performed proper DHCP settings to your router and PC

static routing

a different DNS server

setting a proper QoS

But I guess you have indeed tried everything, in that case I can't help.

and by everything i assume you have tried:

setting a static IP address to your PC with proper subnet mask

ensured that your PC is detected as a client in your router

ensured that your PC mac address is not blocked in your router

performed proper DHCP settings to your router and PC

static routing

a different DNS server

setting a proper QoS

But I guess you have indeed tried everything, in that case I can't help.

There is no router in the house everything is wires through the walls. or at least my friend doesnt know where the router is.

Open CMD and try to ping 127.0.0.1 and something like Google.co.uk

Open CMD and Type ' Ping 127.0.0.1 ' 

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

There is no router in the house everything is wires through the walls. or at least my friend doesnt know where the router is.

How do you even connect to the internet without a router.

Got it guys. it was the disable and re enable drivers. I feel stupid. thank you all SOOO much. i didnt expect a response so quick. <3<3<3

i tried SO MANY THINGS and it was the simplest thing. 

Lol Okey

Since you know he is using Wired Connection, i recommend Disabling the Wireless connection since your PC will choose one or the other.

Got it guys. it was the disable and re enable drivers. I feel stupid. thank you all SOOO much. i didnt expect a response so quick. <3<3<3

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

Lol Okey

Since you know he is using Wired Connection, i recommend Disabling the Wireless connection since your PC will choose one or the other

yeah i was just confused because at my house it would just pick one and go with it and work, but that never crossed my mind.  TY life saver.

yeah i was just confused because at my house it would just pick one and go with it and work, but that never crossed my mind.  TY life saver.

always happy to help. Anyone else you meet has tech problems, be sure to send them our way, alright?