Build Me A Completely Silent Full Tower System

ddbtkd456
Go to solution Solved by Jodomcfrodo,

I want someone to part it out just so I get an idea...and actually I want to hear nothing lol

I understand you want someone to part it out but no matter what you get, an air cooler on a gpu will be audible. If you want to hear nothing, sit far away or get a custom loop.

Simple build me a completely silent full tower system...it can have any parts anything at all I will adjust as needed.

Requirements:

1. Must have 3x 24" or less monitors
  2. Must have a SSD
  3. Must have a window in the full tower

Budget: 4-4.3k

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

If you want completely silent, a custom loop is the way to go. With that budget it would work. I would say get a $1000 custom loop and a $3400 PC. That would be silent and perform well.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Anything with a Fractal r4, open air GPU coolers and all noctua fans will be nearly silent

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

If you want completely silent, a custom loop is the way to go. With that budget it would work. I would say get a $1000 custom loop and a $3400 PC. That would be silent and perform well.

I want someone to part it out just so I get an idea...and actually I want to hear nothing lol

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Quiet http://pcpartpicker.com/p/J6qTpg

More powerful, but louder 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($339.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: PNY XLR8 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($149.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($419.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($389.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($389.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case  ($137.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $2184.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-01 00:36 EDT-0400

I understand you want someone to part it out but no matter what you get, an air cooler on a gpu will be audible. If you want to hear nothing, sit far away or get a custom loop.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Damn....no one reads anymore...full tower with window...not R4.

Anything with a Fractal r4, open air GPU coolers and all noctua fans will be nearly silent

Noctuas are loud, get Cougar Vortex 140MM/AF140s if you want to replace the fans

hmmm...maybe a custom loop alright...lets see here I think linus has a video on a silent system somewhere just downplay the parts so its not over 6 grand.

hmmm...maybe a custom loop alright...lets see here I think linus has a video on a silent system somewhere just downplay the parts so its not over 6 grand.

"Silent" is not hear nothing silent. It is "relatively quiet compared to other systems" quiet. I can tell you that my air 540 is my foot rest and I can't hear it at all. Ever. Even without headphones. Noctuas, custom loop, and a pair if 290x's seems like a good solution here.

"Silent" is not hear nothing silent. It is "relatively quiet compared to other systems" quiet. I can tell you that my air 540 is my foot rest and I can't hear it at all. Ever. Even without headphones. Noctuas, custom loop, and a pair if 290x's seems like a good solution here.

Well my goal is two "silent" perfectly looking cases...its been a bear to get down...that's why I keep asking not cause I doubt you guys. Also why does linus where a lab coat while building a pc?

Was about to post that. Anyway just switch the R4 for the XL R2. It's pretty much the same case but full tower. 

Edit : Forget it, there's no XL R2 version with a window...

Enthoo Pro ? 

Was about to post that. Anyway just switch the R4 for the XL R2. It's pretty much the same case but full tower. 

Edit : Forget it, there's no XL R2 version with a window...

Enthoo Pro ? 

I was thinking Enthoo Primo & Luxe.

WOW you don't read anymore!

This is an R4!!!

DSCN0136.jpg

Maybe is you actually payd attention to their products you would realise they come with a window!!! *facepalm*

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

WOW you don't read anymore!

This is an R4!!!

DSCN0136.jpg

Full tower??? I believe last time I looked it was a Mid-Tower. But I will ignore your comment and not take it personally. By the way I do pay attention to their products. It was the case that I was going to build my server out of. But thank you for making an assumption that I don't know their product line.

Full tower??? I believe last time I looked it was a Mid-Tower. But I will ignore your comment and not take it personally.

You don't need a full tower...

I was just saying that the r4 does come with a window...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You don't need a full tower...

I was just saying that the r4 does come with a window...

Um...yes I need a full tower, you may not need a full tower, or someone might not need a full tower in your opinion. But for what I need it for (sitting on the floor) I do need a full tower. My table is much too unstable for a heavy pc...one good rock and off it goes....screw that...again thank you for the assumption.

But for what I need it for (sitting on the floor) I do need a full tower.

If its on the floor what does it matter...?

I would expect you would want a lighter PC if it was sitting at your desk, but if its on the floor who cares if its a full tower or MITX build...

This makes 0 logical sense that a PC on the floor needs to be a full tower.

Spoiler

I would expect you would want a lighter PC if it was sitting at your desk, but if its on the floor who cares if its a full tower or MITX build...

Your arguing over a damn opinion dude...this makes your argument alone invalid. If you don't want to bend down since it is a primary media tower for ripping dvds and streaming them to my xbox...I would rather not climb under my desk to insert a damn disc. Plus I am going for complete silence...which means lots of water cooling.

Why are you arguing ? He said full tower. There's no need for him to justify. You can clearly see that he knows the difference between mid-tower and full. 

Your arguing over a damn opinion dude...this makes your argument alone invalid. If you don't want to bend down since it is a primary media tower for ripping dvds and streaming them to my xbox...I would rather not climb under my desk to insert a damn disc. Plus I am going for complete silence...which means lots of water cooling.

Watercooling is definitely not silent, idk where you got that idea from.

If you think you can passively cool using radiators you're going to have idle temps of over 70C

Spoiler

Why are you arguing ? He said full tower. There's no need for him to justify. You can clearly see that he knows the difference between mid-tower and full. 

Amazing. Because 4" is too much farther to bend his back.

Spoiler

Amazing. Because 4" is too much farther to bend his back.

Actually you prick its not...its just I use alot of fucking cds and dvds. I don't understand why this is any concern to you anyways since its not your fucking build. I will build my shit the way I fucking want it. I have had a bad fucking day and you are really fucking with the wrong person at the moment.

Watercooling is definitely not silent, idk where you got that idea from.

If you think you can passively cool using radiators you're going to have idle temps of over 70C

Water cooling is pretty damn silent if you use silent fucking fans, and quiet pumps...maybe not AIO coolers. And screw passive cooling...seriously? That's not even an option.

And to back up my fucking theory here:

Tell me how is water cooling not silent? Start at 37:40.

Thank you....Jesus some people.

Tell me how is water cooling not silent? Start at 37:40.

Well obviously you don't know what silent means. Silent means no noise at all. If you have a single fan in your system it is no longer silent. Listening to it though a video camera mic will NOT give you any idea of how quiet it is.

The only 'silent' way to cool a PC is passively, which is obviously not possible with the hardware you are trying to put in it.

Silent = 0dBA

Fan =/= 0dBA

Spoiler