what is amd's best gaming cpu?

So, I am not planning to buy or anything I am just interested in this. What is amd's best performing gaming cpu at the moment? some of my friends have told me that even after all these years phenom II (both 6 and 4 cores) reign supreme over the FX lineup. Speaking of phenom,why did amd even cancel them?

CPU, not GPU, whoops.

9590 has best performance out of box, but it's horrible for price, the 8350 is their best gaming CPU for your money

Diamond 5 in League :)

CPU, not GPU, whoops.

9590 has best performance out of box, but it's horrible for price, the 8350 is their best gaming CPU for your money

He isn't talking about GPUs.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

CPU, not GPU, whoops.

what about the phenom lineup? the architecture and the cores are so much better

FX-8350 Phenoms are not better.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

what about the phenom lineup? the architecture and the cores are so much better

Still, nope. 

Diamond 5 in League :)

Clock for clock phenom is faster than piledriver FX but the FX overclock a lot better so overall piledriver is better.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

yes phenom 6 cores chips IMHO are still the best AMD offered they have somewhat stronger cores than the FX chips so for gaming they perform a tad better but it's still a lot slower than any intel sandy bridge, ivy bridge or haswell i5.

i know that they are slower than the intels, which is why i didnt even bother asking

Clock for clock phenom is faster than piledriver FX but the FX overclock a lot better so overall piledriver is better.

sorry i edited my previous post cause it was somewhat wrong,..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

sorry i edited my previous post cause it was somewhat wrong,..

how much can overclocking give  you in such "weak" cores and such a bad architecture..

how much can overclocking give  you in such "weak" cores and such a bad architecture..

going from stock 3.5GHZ to high overclock of 4.6GHZ my gain on my FX-8320 was just short of 20%.

Still a good boost for the price you pay on those, the FX-6300 and FX-8320 are very cheap CPU's that can do a lot on budget builds...i would still pick the FX 8 core over any core i3...they would have to release an unlocked core i3 at the same price of the 8320 to change my mind on this.

Technically it's still the 1100T @ 4GHz OC...

But the FX8320 and 6300 aren't horrible chips for the price, they just might not be particularly optimal for gaming because we're stuck with low threaded programming :(