FAH question

So i have two jobs 1 for cpu and 1 for gpu, when the cpu job finishes can i make the gpu and cpu share the job that the gpu is currently doing? (it needs 3.78 days to complete deadline is 3.38) i have them on medium workload.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

No. I think CPU and GPU jobs are completely separate, and can only be assigned to a GPU or CPU depending on what type it is. I don't think you can even get multiple GPUs to share a job. 

Damn, oh well.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

as Isaeko said the work units for gpu and cpu are fundamentally different and they cannot cooperate to finish a single wu, remember your gpu wont actually be running as long as the screen is on when you have the folding client set to medium, it will only run in idle, namely when you have a screen saver on or the screen is off/dark, if you pull the slider to full both tbe cpu and gpu will be working full throttle even if you are using the pc, it's fine as long as you don't try to play games or do any intensive things while folding is running, but web browsing and the like should be fine.

if i were you, i would go into the control panel > system and security then find the power saving features and set the screen to be turned off after one or a couple of minutes, this is to set the computer folding as quickly as possibly when you leave to avoid wasting time, that is if you are planning to run it on medium (i'm assuming you are using windows)

Yes i am using windows, just want to make sure about 1 more thing, on full my cpu cores go from 60-63 degrees on i believe the stock cooler that comes on the computer (see specs)

My gpu is running 70 constantly on Gaming mode (which basically pushes 20 more MhZ from the gpu, so from 810 to 830)

Are these safe temparatures?

Also my dad (its his pc and i dont have one currently so i use his for anything) is thinking of getting a second CPU would that be any better?

My PC:

Spoiler

Temps are ok, as long as you have adequate air intake. Also, I assume you mean he is planning to upgrade the current CPU? In terms of Folding, probably won't see a huge difference. Somewhat older system...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Temps are ok, as long as you have adequate air intake. Also, I assume you mean he is planning to upgrade the current CPU? In terms of Folding, probably won't see a huge difference. Somewhat older system...

The mobo has 2 cpu sockets, my dad is htinking of getting a second cpu to put in that socket that is now empty

My PC:

Spoiler

The mobo has 2 cpu sockets, my dad is htinking of getting a second cpu to put in that socket that is now empty

Meh... it's a 7 year old CPU, so you may see a bit of a PPD improvement, but not much. But, if running XP, it might not even recognize the second CPU anyways... Would also generate bunch more heat.

Be better off, both for folding and everything else, getting a newer system. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99