[Newegg] Nice Beginner Build Bundle ($379.99 USD)

NInety

nice build but APU need decent speed RAM

I will be scared to run the build with that PSU 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

If anyone buys this, throw out the PSU and buy another one anyway.

Thought the same thing.

As well as, that MoBo is going to look small in that case. :P Not TOO small...but still.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

still that A10 is gonna get bottleneck by the slow RAM

A10-6800K needs at least 1866MHz RAM since the iGPU use the system RAM for VRAM

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

still that A10 is gonna get bottleneck by the slow RAM

A10-6800K needs at least 1866MHz RAM since the iGPU use the system RAM for VRAM

Nope. Not true. I got my 2133 ram and hat it at 1333 for testing, after a benchmark, I OC'd it to the stock 2133. And only got a 5FPS Boost. And the ram can be overclocked anyways.

Nope. Not true. I got my 2133 ram and hat it at 1333 for testing, after a benchmark, I OC'd it to the stock 2133. And only got a 5FPS Boost. And the ram can be overclocked anyways.

well point taken

but the RAM in the bundle is really what I call decent

1600MHZ CL11

ouch...

APU_RAM.png

(Source: hardware.info) 

So at some degree it does matter. I mean 5-10% more fps is more than it seems. Ram untill 2133Mhz is quite worth the money. 2400Mhz is already too expensive for a built with an apu :)

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd