gtx 770 4gb or r9 290 4gb

Kirby3499

I can't chose between the to I've heard a lot of bad things about amd cards but the 290 is better and they are the same price which should I get and I may be going to 1440p   

290, specifically the Sapphire TriX

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I can't chose between the to I've heard a lot of bad things about amd cards but the 290 is better and they are the same price which should I get and I may be going to 1440p   

290 gets my vote if it's an aftermarket cooler. 290 is the better card and will be even better going to higher resolutions like 1440p.

"Rawr XD"

290 windforce is like 359.99. usd

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

290. It has better performance. Make sure you're buying one that doesn't have a stock cooler. It will get very hot.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

290 hell yeah, More powerful, More Vram and Wider bit bus to handle it, it's the obvious Choice, a Gaming MSI or Sapphire TriX

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

sapphire tri-x is very well regarded 

290, specifically the Sapphire TriX

Is the gigabyte one good cause the sapphire one is over my budget 

R9 290, it's not even close. Any version but the reference will do nicely.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

290 should be a no brained, 770 isn't even fast enough to use the 4gb

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Is the gigabyte one good cause the sapphire one is over my budget 

It's an ok cooler, that card runs hot so you need a good cooler to avoid throttling.

The windforce is one of the best, top 3 prob, Sapphire, windforce, msi

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Sapphire Vapor X

PowerColor PCS+

MSI Twin Frozr Gaming

my takes for AMD cards

maybe 290X Lighting

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Definitely 290, UNLESS it's a reference design. If the 290 has an aftermarket cooler, then 290 for sure. Much better performance and can play games at higher resolutions than 1080p.